While en route to coach a soccer game, Ben is kidnapped by the Mole Man, a squat man building a city underground for the ugly ones of society. Will Ben take his offer of a new life?
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Crazy Cat Lady: Ms. Monet has at least three.
- Description Cut: As Johnny says that Ben's absence is probably due to him sleeping in, the camera cuts to Ben awakening after his kidnapping.
- Fantastic Slur: "Surface-dweller."
- Hero Does Public Service: The beginning finds Reed, Susan, and Johnny playfully using their powers for the amusement of a kid soccer team until Ben turns up to coach them.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ben.Aww, come on. Is there some law against me having a normal day?
- Kryptonite Factor: Freon for Johnny.
- Mundane Utility: Reed, Johnny, and Susan use their powers to put on a show for the kids.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Ben to Mole Man.
- Tempting Fate: Reed.The lab defenses should keep [the Moloids] out as long as the electricity holds. (Power goes out) Well, that changes things.
- The End... Or Is It?: Just before the credits, a giant Moloid rises out of the harbour.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: The kids Ben volunteered to coach come to visit.
- Villain Has a Point: The Mole Man is right that Ben gets less respect than his teammates.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Cory mocks Reed's elasticity.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Reed seals the Moloids out of the Baxter Building.
- Won't Take "Yes" for an Answer:Johnny: Unless you're saying "Go after Ben and Sue", I don't care.Reed: Go after them.Johnny: You can't stop me. I'm gonna... Wait. What?Reed: Go!