Lois' sister, Carol (last seen on "Emission Impossible" and last mentioned on "Boys Do Cry"), comes to live with the Griffins after getting divorced yet again, and falls for Mayor West.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Robert Loggia appears in a live-action cutaway after the show makes an AIDS/aides joke.
- Happily Married: Carol and Mayor West by the end of the episode.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Lois did point out that Carol got married nine times and always ended in divorce. Carol would fall for guys quickly and married them. Indeed Carol was implied to be unfaithful to Mayor West less than a season later.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Lois when she realizes she's turned her back on Carol after all she did for her.
- Shout-Out: Hanna-Barbera character Doggie Daddy is revealed to be one of Carol's previous husbands.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Peter chews out Lois for wanting to sabotage Carol's relationship with Mayor West when their own relationship was doubted.Peter: Nobody believed we'd make it and look at us now. I drink and you use sex as a weapon. That seems to me like a successful New England marriage.