Original air date: November 9, 2008
The Griffins decide to get another dog after Brian gets injured from Peter mimicking a stunt from Jackass.
This episode contains examples of:
- Bee Afraid: Quagmire covers his genitals with bees.
- Berserk Button: New Brian finds out what happens when you mess with Rupert.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: New Brian seemed to be a perfect replacement until he tells Stewie what he did to Rupert; the dog humped Stewie's teddy bear and rubs salt in the wound by saying that every time Stewie holds Rupert, the bear will think of New Brian instead (complete with a smug grin).
- The Coroner Doth Protest Too Much: New Brian tells Stewie what he did to Rupert. The next scene shows Peter reading the suicide note explaining how the dog chopped himself into pieces and placed himself in the garbage.
- Cuteness Proximity: Peter ends up hugging a friendly Bernie the Hamster - after Brian says it's okay.
- Don't Try This at Home: Peter is not deterred from copying the stunts from Jackass.Peter: Hey. You know what. We should try some of that stuff. Here, at home.Cleveland: I don't know Peter. That skull and crossbones warning before the show is pretty clear about not doing that.Peter: Cleveland, shut up. I saw something on TV that I want to imitate.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": Peter laughs when Brian says that he's thought long and hard about his decision. He fails to react the same way when Lois says that she hopes Brian moving won't be a boner.
- Historical Hilarity: A Cutaway Gag shows Abraham Lincoln interacting with his neighbor.
- Meaningful Name: Stewie regrets having a conversation with Buzz Killington.
- Mugging the Monster: New Brian had no idea who he was messing with when he bragged about what he did to Rupert. One scene cut later, Stewie is dragging a bloody garbage bag across the driveway.
- Shout-Out: Peter's Jackass stunt involves dressing up like Ralph Hinkley from The Greatest American Hero and singing that show's theme song (until he crashes into a tree).
- Tranquil Fury: Stewie's reaction to what New Brian said about Rupert. He stays really calm but the next shot shows him carrying a large trash bag covered in blood.
- Unexpected Character: In-Universe.Bernie: Hey, everybody! I'm Bernie the Hamster! Would you like to be my friend?