Airdate: October 5, 2008
Peter gets addicted to The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird," which irritates everyone around him — to the point that Brian and Stewie destroy the vinyl single Peter bought. When Peter goes to a record store to get a replacement, he meets Jesus Christ Himself, who wants to live like a mortal.
"I Dream of Jesus" contains examples of.
- Ate His Gun: While he doesn't kill himself, Stewie places a gun in his mouth because of Peter playing "Surfin' Bird" nonstop.
- Word of God says that at one point during the episode's production he did shoot the gun.
- Breast Expansion: Jesus, on Peter's request makes Lois's breasts so big that theyopen all the buttons on her shirt.
- Cargo Ship: In-Universe. When Peter complains about his stolen record, he lets slip that he had sex with it, and left all of his possessions to the record in his will.
- Ear Worm: In-Universe. Peter is obsessed with his "Survin' Bird" 45" and refuses to stop playing it even when everyone else is sick of it.
- Everybody Do the Endless Loop: Peter's dancing animation to "Surfin' Bird."
- God Test: When the Griffins have Jesus over for dinner, Brian asks him to prove that he is Jesus. So Jesus instantly turns everyone's dinner into ice cream. And, at the request of Peter after the above incident, enlarged Lois' breasts.
- Grapes of Luxury: Peter feeds them to Jesus during their musical number.
- Jaw Drop: Brian in response to the above-mentioned Breast Expansion.
- Jumping Out of a Cake: Jesus does this one Peter during their song.
- Oh, Crap!: At the end...Meg: So what did he give you, Dad?Peter: Oh you haven't heard?Stewie: FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!note /CRAAAAAAAAAP!!!note
- Riding the Bomb: Jesus does it at one point during the musical number.