Original air date: September 28, 2008
When Brian has a new girlfriend, Stewie tells him to take things slowly and not rush into a relationship. By the time Brian's ready, his new date has left him for Cleveland.
This episode contains examples of:
- Aesop Amnesia: Quagmire forgot what happened the last time he slept with Loretta and agrees to ensure Cleveland doesn't take her back. He gets beaten up for his trouble.
- Animated Actors: Brian and Stewie's discussion over whether Loretta can fully understand the latter is interrupted by a director shouting, "We're filming!"
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Carolyn. She seems nice at first, then she cheats on Brian with Cleveland, then on Cleveland with Quagmire.
- Both Sides Have a Point: When Loretta reappears, the cast debates if Cleveland should give her a second chance. Lois points out that once a cheater, always a cheater; Loretta was happy to walk over Cleveland. Brian and Stewie, while being Secretly Selfish, point out that she seems to be sincere about her reconciliation.
- The Bus Came Back: Cleveland's ex-wife Loretta appears in this episode.
- Continuity Nod: The events of "The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire" are referenced.
- Country Matters: Brian meets a woman at the party who never had voluntary sex. Brian (who is dressed as Snoopy) turns to Woodstock who says something unintelligible. Brian replies, "yeah, with a capital 'C.'"
- Disproportionate Retribution: Quagmire on Peter's advice tries to rekindle his affair with Loretta. Rather than simply say "no," she beats him up.
- Domestic Abuse: Horton Hears Domestic Violence in the Next Apartment... and Doesn't Call 911.
- Cleveland is remorseless about breaking Brian's heart by sleeping with Carolyn. Remember his wife cheated on him, and he was angry enough to divorce her.
- Lois thinks Cleveland shouldnt be back with Loretta for cheating on him, even though Lois cheated on Peter with Gene Simmons and Bill Clinton.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": At the party, Stewie pronounces "ruin" as "ru-eened." Brian finds that ridiculous and doesn't want to get sucked in, only to come back and ask if this is a deliberate attempt to piss him off.Brian: What do you call the remains of ancient Greek structures?
Brian: And how would you describe this evening?
Stewie: Ru-eened, of course. This evening is ru-eened.
- Lampshade Hanging: Brian and Stewie discuss if Loretta is a major enough character to be able to understand the latter.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Cleveland finds Carolyn cheating on him with Quagmire, after he helped her cheat on Brian. He gets a Jerkass Realization and apologizes to Brian for what he did.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Cleveland and Carolyn just have sex practically everywhere Brian goes, including the baseball game he was watching.
- Never My Fault:
- Stewie gave Brian bad advice which led to him losing Carolyn to Cleveland. When Brian points this out, Stewie gaslights him and accuses him of "pointing fingers".
- Loretta blames Quagmire for ruining her marriage, despite the fact that she chose to sleep with him. Lois even points out that Loretta was the instiagator in this case.
- Pet the Dog:
- Stewie notices that Brian is upset about the breakup, and tries to take him on various outings to cheer him up.
- Cleveland decides he won't take Loretta back, but he says he genuinely wants her to lead a happy life.
- Pinocchio Nose: Brian's nose begins growing longer and longer as he talks about how attractive Loretta is, hoping Cleveland will go back to her.
- Ready for Lovemaking: When Brian asks Carolyn what she wants to do one night she lies back on the bed with her legs spread open, flashing lights pointing toward her crotch, and a guy from an airplane runway waving light sticks in her direction, while she says suggestively, "Oh, I dunno...."
- Sure, Let's Go with That: At the costume party the guys aren't sure who Joe is supposed to be. Joe tells them he is dressed as Olympic swimmer Mark Spitz. When they still don't get it, he settles with the guess of crippled Magnum, P.I.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The baseball crowd apparently just watch an interracial couple making love on second base and the umpire allows the two to finish.