Airdate: January 13, 2008
After Peter loses his mustache in a fire, he stuffs his sorrows with McBurgertown burgers, until he has a stroke. Meanwhile, Stewie poses as a high schooler as part of a bet with Brian.
"McStroke" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Actor Allusion: The cow, voiced by Ricardo Moltalban, says that many cows were killed, including..."my beloved wife".
- Alpha Bitch: Connie D'Amico.
- And Your Reward Is Edible: After Peter saves the life of the man who owns and operates the Quahog-location of McBurgertown, he offers Peter a lifetime supply of free burgers from the restaurant as a way of thanking him for saving his life.
- Author Tract: Played for Laughs (sort of). When Peter gets cured with stem cells.Peter: How long was I in there?Guard: About five minutes.Peter: Why aren't we funding this!?
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: See Laser-Guided Karma below.
- Big Eater: After losing his moustache, Peter begins binge-eating (roughly 30) free hamburgers which result in him getting a stroke.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Connie's belief in this is how she humiliates Stewie after showing his "baby penis" to her and telling everyone about it, not knowing he really is a baby in disguise. Stewie apparently defies this in response."Well, for your information, I don't want a big penis! I think they're messy!
- Bilingual Bonus: The Italian deli owner whom Peter attempts to converse with does respond in (somewhat clunky) Italian (What? You're crazy! Get away from here! I'm tired of you! I'll punch you in the head!).
- Jerkass Has a Point: Peter criticizing Lois for trying to hand him a beer to his stroke arm. He's being a jerk and brought this mess on himself, but he can't even lift that arm.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Stewie tricks Connie into kissing him and frames her for lewd conduct with a baby.
- Mid-Battle Tea Break: When Brian and Peter rescue a talking cow, they're chased by 2 guards. The Montage show them all in a band, playing music together.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: See Laser-Guided Karma
- Never My Fault: Brian points out that it's Peter's own fault he had a stroke due to eating thirty McBurgertown-burgers in one sitting. See Strawman Has a Point on the YMMV-page for more detail.
- To a lesser extent, Peter's own decisions in general were what set off the chain of events for the whole episode to begin with. Starting with looking through Cleveland's mail while he was away, which then inspires him to grow a mustache from looking at a magazine, and while it really wasn't his fault that the firemen at McBurgertown thought he was another fireman just because he had a mustache like them and sent him in there for it, the fact he even had a mustache from stealing his neighbor's mail is what led to him having to lose it in the fire, end up saving the owner's life and get rewarded for it, and then eating the thirty hamburgers that caused his stroke. "With great mustache comes great responsibility!"
- Pun: After Peter crashes the car next to a river because he can no longer drive properly, a crew team rows by.Coach: Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!
Peter: Stop mocking me!
- Scooby-Dooby Doors: Used in the chase scene.
- Something Something Leonard Bernstein: The Trope Namer song pops up when a post-stroke Peter is driving and tries singing along, his condition giving him a speech impediment while sounds like the song's rapid-fire, nigh-incomprehensible lyrics.