Peter steals a parrot from the vet's office and pretends he's a pirate, leading to a car fight with a British driver. Meanwhile, Chris has a crush on an intern (voiced by Amanda Bynes) who works at the vet.
This episode contains examples of:
- All for Nothing / "Shaggy Dog" Story / Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Despite the events Chris went through for Anna especially the atrocities he did to Brian, Anna is never seen again and Chris is back to being single... although to be fair if one remembers who voiced Anna it looks like she will never appear in the series ever again.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Peter chastises Chris for treating Anna like a human being and says that acting like a bad boy will be a first-class ticket to sex. It backfires and she breaks up with him. But he apologizes to her in the end, and she forgives him.
- Cannot Talk to Women: During their first date, Chris is a nervous wreck, including asking Anna if she ever made it with one of the dogs and if she enjoyed the food that hasn't been brought to their table yet. Anna just tells him to relax and takes his hand.
- Continuity Nod:
- Peter mentions his pirate crew is made up of guys he knew during his fishing boat days.
- One of the dates Peter arranges for Chris is former crush Barbara.
- Covers Always Lie: The poster for the episode put Peter and his pirate crew front and center, even though the pirate plot was only for the first act.
- Halfway Plot Switch: The first half is about Peter adopting a parrot and becoming a mock pirate, while the second half is Peter trying to help Chris find a girlfriend after he ruins one of his dates.
- Innocent Innuendo: Lois is surprised when Chris tells her that Anna "took a dump" on him, but is relieved when he tells her that he meant "break up".
- Kick the Dog: Chris wants to apologize to Anna, but he needs an excuse to go to the vet, so he hits Brian in the face with a chair.
- Also taken quite literally at the end when Stewie kicks a now unconscious Brian in the gut before running off.
- Noodle Incident: Quagmire apparently had sex with a crossing guard that he later found out was twelve years old.
- Overly Long Gag: Peter trying to pick up the dead bullfrog and throw it out Chris' window without touching it with his hands.
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late: Provides the page image.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: To make Brian sick to have an excuse to see Anna again, he makes Brian vomit by lifting Meg's shirt up.