Peter steals a parrot from the vet's office and pretends he's a pirate, leading to a car fight with a British driver. Meanwhile, Chris has a crush on an intern (voiced by Amanda Bynes) who works at the vet.
This episode contains examples of:
- All for Nothing: Despite the events Chris went through for Anna (especially the atrocities he did to Brian), Anna is never seen again after this episode and Chris is back to being single.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Invoked and averted. Peter tells Chris that girls love when boys are tough and demeaning to them. In practice, Anna is not charmed at all when Chris tries to do this and she breaks up with him.
- Bullying the Disabled: Chris tries to ask Peter's friends for advice about his relationship with Anna. Joe tries to give him a genuine heart-to-heart, but Chris insensitively says that he'd prefer to ask someone who isn't "broken from the waist down".Joe: I'm a father!Chris: You're a two-wheeled monster!
- Cannot Talk to Women: During their first date, Chris is a nervous wreck, including asking Anna if she ever made it with one of the dogs and if she enjoyed the food that hasn't been brought to their table yet. Anna just tells him to relax and takes his hand.
- Continuity Nod:
- Peter mentions his pirate crew is made up of guys he knew during his fishing boat days.
- One of the dates Peter arranges for Chris is former crush Barbara.
- Covers Always Lie: The poster for the episode put Peter and his pirate crew front and center, even though the pirate plot was only for the first act.
- Freudian Slip: When Peter's friends start suggesting things he could wear as part of his pirate persona, Quagmire suddenly confesses to sleeping with an underage crossing guard.
- Halfway Plot Switch: For Peter. The first half of the episode focuses on him adopting a parrot and becoming a mock pirate, while Chris has a separate subplot with Anna. After the parrot is killed on one of his raids, Peter gives up his pirate person and gets involved with Chris' subplot, which takes the focus for the rest of the episode.
- Innocent Innuendo: Lois is horrified when Chris tells her that Anna "took a dump" on him, but is relieved when he tells her that he meant "break up".
- Kick the Dog: Chris wants to apologize to Anna, but he needs an excuse to go to the vet, so he hits Brian in the face with a chair.
- Also taken quite literally at the end when Stewie kicks a now unconscious Brian in the gut before running off.
- Noodle Incident: Quagmire apparently had sex with a crossing guard that he later found out was twelve years old.
- Overly Long Gag: Peter trying to pick up the dead bullfrog and throw it out Chris' window without touching it with his hands.
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late: Peter starts acting like a pirate after getting a parrot. This episode also provides the page image.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: After following Peter's dating advice, Chris learns the hard way that Not All Girls Want Bad Boys, as insulting and objectifying Anna causes her to break up with him.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: To make Brian sick to have an excuse to see Anna again, he makes Brian vomit by lifting Meg's shirt up.