Original Airdate: September 11th 2005
Brian falls for Shauna Parks, Meg Griffin's history teacher who happens to be African-American, and petitions to have the name of the "James Woods High School" changed to be named after Martin Luther King Jr. just to please her. Peter objects and has James Woods come to the school to protect its name—Woods, to Peter's surprise, is actually for naming the school after Dr. King, but James's "humility" impresses the school board enough into keeping the name. Peter and James become friends and start to hang out together, with Woods eventually taking Brian's place as Peter's best friend.
But while on a movie date with Shauna, Brian inadvertently reveals that he's still friends with Peter despite his actions, Shauna gets upset and makes Brian choose between her and Peter—Brian ultimately chooses Peter, so Shauna ends the relationship. Brian and Peter eventually patch things up and start hanging out again, which upsets James Woods, who becomes obsessive and obnoxious. Peter and Brian get rid of him by laying out a long line of Reese's Pieces as bait, trapping him in a crate and sending him to be stored away in a Secret Government Warehouse with hundreds of similar crates.
"Peter's Got Woods" contains examples of:
- Adam Westing: James Woods as an evil version of himself.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Brian desperately tries to prove that he's not a racist to Shauna:Brian: I mean, I love all black people, you know. I mean, if I could take all the black people in the world and just, you know, just buy a farm somewhere and let them all- whoa, you know what, that actually didn't really come out right.
Shauna: Brian, relax. I'm having a great time. You don't have to try so hard.
Brian: Great. Great. 'Cause, you know, I'm not okay with slavery. Just so we're clear. I mean, if I was offered a slave, I'd say no.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Peter calls out Brian for wanting to change the name of the high school just to please his new girlfriend, Shauna—Brian, of course, denies this, but then Peter questions why Brian suggested naming the school after Martin Luther King Jr. (a famous black person) and not someone else, such as Ronald Reagan.
- Hulk Speak: "Reagan Smash! Reagan Smash!"
- Precision F-Strike: "Where does James Woods fit into the fun, fucker?"
- Shout-Out: James Woods has top men working on him. Top. Men.
- Song Parody: Peter and James Woods sing to the tune of "You Two" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- Trail Of Breadcrumbs: Peter and Brian use a trail of Reese's Pieces to catch James Woods."Ooh, a piece of candy! Ooh, a piece of candy! Ooh, a piece of candy!"