Original air date: July 24, 2005
When Lois' picture ends up in the newspaper, she decides to fulfill her dream of becoming a model...and soon discovers why her father didn't want her to pursue that dream in the first place. Meanwhile, Brian needs money for worm medication and begins working for Stewie, who set up his bedroom like an office.
This episode contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: What Peter, Chris, and Meg loudly proclaim they'll do with Lois's modeling photos (with everyone disgusted over Meg saying she'll masturbate to the pictures).
- Brick Joke:
- Peter kicks Meg out of the house for Dude, Not Funny!. In a later scene, when she complains about Lois becoming a model:Peter: Meg, who let you back in the house?
- A cutaway shows Cookie Monster in rehab and needing to be restrained. Lois later finds him in a public bathroom doing cookie dough.
- Peter kicks Meg out of the house for Dude, Not Funny!. In a later scene, when she complains about Lois becoming a model:
- Butt-Monkey: Meg is thrown out of the boat so Peter can win the boat race and is then called a manatee by Seamus. Later, she gets kicked out of the house for making a crude joke, while Chris (who made the same thing) is ignored.
- Dude, Not Funny!: When Lois announces her intention to become a model, Peter says he'll pleasure himself to her eventual photos. Chris says he'll do the same and Meg joins in. Peter condemns Meg for this sick comment. Despite her plea that she was just trying to fit in, Peter kicks her out of the house.
- Everything Is Racist: Stewie asking the maid which Latin American country she's from: the one with the civil war, the one with the cocaine, or the one with the fancy hats.
- Fan Disservice: Lois starts off pretty and healthy in her modeling career, but after a while of diet pills and partying it eventually takes a toll on her, showing through her hair being ratty, her eyes having dark bags and being so emaciated from the pills that her ribs are visible and used for xylophones.
- Fanservice: Lois' various photoshoots have her in revealing clothing.
- For the Evulz: Carter makes Peter eat a pinecone in exchange for needing his help.
- Godwin's Law: The Cookie Monster tells the mental hospital doctors that they're Nazis when they sedate him.
- Heads or Tails?: The Founding Fathers decided Rhode Island's name with a coin flip. If it had hit tails, the name would've been Cockapoopoopeepeeshire.
- If It's You, It's Okay: After recently paroled presidential assassin John Hinkley fires a gun into the air, Lipstick Lesbian Jodie Foster congratulates him for it and then says maybe she was wrong about him and she was wrong about all men. She then leaves with him hand in hand.
- Innocent Innuendo: Peter, to Carter:Peter: So, Mr. Pewterschmidt, the big race is tomorrow, eh? Bet you're gonna need some big strapping men to help you with your boat.
Carter: Are you calling me gay?
Peter: No. No, I just thought you might want some... extra seamen on your poop deck.
(Carter punches Peter)
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: Brian pronounces "Nguyen" as Nuh-goo-yin.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After refusing to let Peter on his boat, Carter ends up having to compete against him and loses. Later, Peter punches him out (albeit for giving him a book for Christmas instead of the above mentioned punch).
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Peter and Lois end up having sex on Carter's back while he is knocked unconscious.
- No Periods, Period: When Brian tells Stewie that Peter is not one to discuss private matters, a flashback cutaway shows Meg getting her period for the first time and Peter loudly applauding her.
- Pun: Peter, announcing Lois to the bar: "Hey, who's putting together a puzzle? 'Cause I just found a hot piece."
- So Proud of You: Peter praises Meg for getting her first period by screaming in the middle of the night and alerting the whole neighborhood.
- Shout-Out: The position of the hands used by the "Four Peters" is the same as used in The Sound of Music.
- John Hinckley, Jr. fires the starting pistol at the regatta, then walks away with Jodie Foster. In 1981 Hinckley attempted to murder Ronald Reagan in order to impress Foster, with whom he was obsessed. Her subsequent dialog refers to the fact that Jodie Foster is widely assumed to be a lesbian, coming out as such in 2013.
- The Maxell Blown Away Guy is parodied during the flashback when Carter initially disapproves of Loiss modeling career.
- When Peter asks Lois arent you going to go do your little turn on the cat walk, Lois, on the catwalk, yeah on the catwalk. Do your little turn on the catwalk? he makes reference to the 1990s song Im Too Sexy by Right Said Fred.
- When the evil monkey from Chris closet lies on Chris bed, this duplicates a scene when Mitch Kramer lies in his bed from the film Dazed and Confused, except that the evil monkey rolls himself a joint, while Mitch did not.
- One of Loiss photoshoot when the dog is tearing off her underwear, is a parody of the Coppertone girl.
- "Shawshanking" is a reference to The Shawshank Redemption, where the main character escaped through a sewer pipe.
- Rob Schneider's line "makin' copies!" was the catchphrase of "The Richmeister," a character he played on Saturday Night Live in the early 1990s.
- The parasite worms eating in Brian's stomach mention watching Six Feet Under.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: "(Fuck) you, that's who works here!"
- At the Vogue magazine party someone yells "ah, like so (Fuck)'in obvious."
- Spexico: Stewie thinks all Latin countries are alike when asking the Pewterscmidt's nanny where she's from.Stewie: So which of the Latin countries are you from? The one with the civil war, the one with the cocaine or the one with the fancy hats?
- Take That!:
- "You're like Britney Spears, except you're not a fat guy."
- What happens to a Playboy bunny who loses Stewie's game? She has to go to bed with Rob Schneider.
- Too Much Information: Peter loudly announces to the neighborhood that Meg had her first period. In the middle of the night, no less.Quagmire: Yes, Peter, that's very hot, and I'll deal with it in the morning, but right now I'm exhausted!
- The Unfair Sex: Chris gets off scotch-free for his declaring he'll masturbate to Lois's modeling photos while Meg says she'll do the same and is immediately punished by the family for it.
- Waxing Lyrical: "What's wrong? Aren't you gonna go do your little turn on the catwalk, Lois? On the catwalk? Yeah, on the catwalk? Do your little turn on the catwalk?"
- What Are Records?: Rob Schneider tells a Playboy bunny, "Making copies! Remember that?" The model replies flatly, "I was born in 1987."
- Weight Woe: Lois indulges in diet pills to become a thinner beautiful model, resulting in her looking ragged and to the point where her ribcages are visible and used for xylophones.