Brian becomes more submissive after attending a boot camp-style obedience school as punishment for biting Peter. Meanwhile, Chris discovers that his new friend, Neil Goldman, is using him to get closer to Meg.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Parodied with the anti-theatre-shooting warning clip at the cinema.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Brian meets one at the obedience school.
- Friend Versus Lover: Neil decides that his friendship with Chris is more important than his crush on Meg.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Stewie's "How about you bite me, bitch?" to his mother.
- Good Animals, Evil Animals: The cut-away gag to a whale and his evil developmentally-disabled brother.
- The Ludovico Technique: At the obedience school, Brian is subject to the technique with things that dogs fear, including a lady using a vacuum cleaner, a dog catcher and a picture of Michael Vick.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Peter comes to dislike the submissive Brian and wants the "bad" version back.
- What Have I Done: Neil's Heel Realization when trying to kiss Meg.