Brian becomes more submissive after attending a boot camp-style obedience school as punishment for biting and bullying Peter. Meanwhile, Chris discovers that his new friend, Neil Goldman, is using him to get closer to Meg.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Parodied with the anti-theatre-shooting warning clip at the cinema.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Brian meets one at the obedience school.
- False Friend: At first, Neil was only pretending to be friends with Chris so he could get to his sister. Subverted in the end, when Neil apologises to Chris, and they become friends for real.
- Friend Versus Lover: Neil decides that his friendship with Chris is more important than his crush on Meg.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Stewie's "How about you bite me, bitch?" to his mother.
- Good Animals, Evil Animals: The cut-away gag to a whale and his evil developmentally-disabled brother.
- The Ludovico Technique: At the obedience school, Brian is subject to the technique with things that dogs fear, including a lady using a vacuum cleaner, a dog catcher and a picture of Michael Vick.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Just as he's about to kiss Meg, Neil realizes how much he hurt Chris by using him to get closer to Meg.
- The Unreveal: How did Lois get Brian to come with her to obedience school?
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Peter comes to dislike the submissive Brian and wants the "bad" version back.