Airdate: May 13th, 2012/
When Peter uses a "Come In, We're Open" sign to turn his house into a store, Joe comes in to shut it down. Angry over the government nosing in on people's business, Peter joins the Tea Party, which, as Brian says and is later revealed to be, is set up so rich people like Lois's father, Carter, can shut down the government and do whatever they want (which is what happens).
Tropes present in this episode include
- Bestiality Is Depraved: With no government, Quagmire can have sex with a giraffe at the zoo. The result is a baby giraffe with Quagmire's face that says "Giraffity".
- Jerkass Has a Point: Peter snaps at Quagmire for starting a conservation by asking if he's ever unwittingly masturbated to pictures of his mother. This was to show that Peter was in a bad mood over his store getting shut down, but really... who starts a conversation with that?
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Carter as "Joe Everyman".
- Take That!: This episode really takes its anger out on the Tea Party movement.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Meg says that with no more government, she can finally hold hands with a teacher she has a crush on.
- That Thing Is Not My Child!: Quagmire, immediately after the giraffe gives birth to their hybrid child with a giraffe's body and Quagmire's head.