Airdate: January 29, 2012
Stewie befriends a boy named Scotty who has a treatable form of cancer, but his parents are standing in the way of his getting well as they're Christian Scientists (not Scientologists, as Peter implies) and don't believe in doctors or medicine. It's up to Lois to get Scotty the treatment he needs.
"Livin' On A Prayer" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Attention Whore: Lois, according to Chris and Meg.
- Bowdlerization: Some lines and scenes have been cut between the TV version and the DVD version:
- Peter confusing Christian Science with Scientology: His line on TV is "Isn't that [Christian Science] that religion all them gaybo Hollywood actors follow to keep stuff away from men's butts?" On DVD, it's "Isn't that [Christian Science] that religion all them homo Hollywood actors follow to keep stuff out of men's butts?"
- Peter on Jeopardy: When he loses, he says on the TV version: "Well, (bleep) me in the (bleep) with a big, black (bleep)!" On DVD, the line is completely changed to, "Well, doesn't that suck a big, black cock?"
- Everyone Has Standards: Lois may be a jerk to her kids and husband in recent episodes, but she shows genuine concern for Scotty's well being.
- Out-of-Character Moment: While the family is talking about Christian Scientists, Chris has a sudden outburst, lashing out at Brian and ranting that when he dies, they're going to get a new dog that acts like a normal one and isn't a Soapbox Sadie.Chris: If you die tomorrow, you think we're gonna be devastated, but you know what? We're just gonna go out and buy another dog. And maybe this dog will fetch a stick and bring me my slippers instead of prattling on about the pros and cons of various religions!
Lois: Chris, I think you've had too much sugar cereal.
Chris: I THINK I HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH! (guzzles the rest of the cereal)
- Shout-Out: "Hey, everybody! We're all gonna get laid!"