Chapters: 254-257, Episodes: 123-124
Short SummarySeven years pass after the events on Tenrou Island and a lot has changed both in the world and Fairy Tail since the S-Class participants went missing with the island. However there could be a faint chance that both the island and them weren't destroyed after all.
The Seven Years Arc has the following tropes:
- Babies Ever After / Happily Married: Bisca and Alzack finally tied the knot and now have a young daughter, Asuka.
- Badass Decay: In-Universe with Fairy Tail. Ever since the core members vanished 7 years ago, the guild has been losing its presence among the city.
- Bearer of Bad News: The Love & Lucky receptionist is tasked with telling Lucy about Jude's death.
- Being Good Sucks: Macao has allowed his guild to be abused by Twilight Ogre because he fears that his friends would be killed by stronger enemies. However, his cohorts are unsurprisingly ungrateful for this decision.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Makarov, Erza, and Mirajane try to talk things out with Twilight Ogre. When the dark guild spits at their kindness, they suffer a Curbstomp Battle to convince them to reconsider their treatment towards Fairy Tail.
- Big Damn Heroes: Natsu preventing one of the Twilight Ogre goons from harming Romeo.
- Break the Haughty: Twilight Ogre once dominated Fairy Tail. But, when the guild's core members come back, they get their egos severely broken...along with their guild hall.
- Bullying a Dragon: Twilight Ogre probably shouldn't have picked a fight with Fairy Tail's core members like that.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Makarov, Mirajane, and Erza have a meeting with Twilight Ogre and beat the crap out of them.
- The Don: Twilight Ogre's guild master.
- They're Back: The S-Class Candidates finally return after being asleep in the Fairy Sphere for seven years.
- Heroic BSoD:
- Romeo is stuck in a major one bordering on Despair Event Horizon ever since Sirius Island's disappearance. He eventually gets over it by the time Natsu and his friends return from the island.
- Lucy has a minor one when she realizes that Jude is dead.
- Kick the Dog: Twilight Ogre assault Fairy Tail for a cruel laugh at their Badass Decay.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Makarov, Mirajane, and Erza "talk things out" with Twilight Ogre...with violence.
- Killed Off for Real: Jude Heartfilia.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Makarov's little "talk" with Twilight Ogre.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Lucy to her father.
- Passing the Torch: Subverted, Marakov tries to name Gildarts as the new successor but he turns it down and renames Marakov the next guild master much to Marakov's dismay.
- Poor Man's Substitute: In-Universe. While Macao certainly is a noble man, he's definitely no Makarov.
- Reality Ensues: Jude spent the last years of his life as a workaholic, even during his efforts to make up for his fractured relationship with Lucy. So it's not surprising that he died of exhaustion one year before Lucy's return.
- Rip Van Winkle: The S-Class Participants find themselves in this state (sans the aging).
- Smug Snake: Twilight Ogre's guild members.
- Team Dad: Macao has held the guild together for 7 years after the disappearance of the Fairy Tail's core members.
- Time Skip: Seven years have passed during while the candidates where asleep.
- Year Outside, Hour Inside: How the Fairy Sphere works. Mavis managed to activate it and prevent the island from being destroyed, but in doing so put everyone on the island into a deep sleep for seven years.