Eddy tries to prove that the Urban Rangers are a bunch of phonies by challenging Rolf to the most difficult badge: The Hairy Chest of Resilience Badge.
'The Good, The Bad and the Ed' contains examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The names of the challenges for the badge - Wax of Wailing, Bramble Bush of Bellyache, Tour of Tears, etc.
- The Chew Toy: Eddy and Rolf suffer a lot of painful injuries while trying to get their Urban Ranger badges.
- Determinator: Despite all the pain he takes in this episode, Eddy refuses to admit defeat.
- Evil Is Petty: Well, "evil" is a bit much, but Eddy's motivation for the entire conflict is built on nothing but satisfying his own inflated ego and his contempt for the Urban Rangers ever since he failed to join way back in season 1.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: Eddy passes out one second before Rolf, is horribly injured, but he does get a "consolation prize" - the Crybaby Boo-Hoo Badge. Although this is mitigrated in that Eddy would've start becoming a poor sport by taunting the Rangers until he sees what the badge is like.Ed: See, there's a little rattle on it.
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: Rolf is finally convinced to take up the challenge for the Hairy Chest of Resilience badge when Eddy mocks him.
- Painful Body Waxing: The first challenge, the Wax of Wailing. Rolf gets angry sores all over his leg and Eddy's swells up like a balloon.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Why the whole challenge starts - Eddy can't stand the Urban Rangers getting respect and admiration.