When Jimmy is told by Kevin that fairy-tales don't exist he becomes saddened and tries to convince himself they are real. When the Eds' Fairy-tale scam goes wrong Sarah, Kevin and Jimmy team up to punish them. In a subplot, whenever the main plot's characters say the word "baloney" out loud, Rolf becomes paranoid they're literally referring to his huge stash of said meat.
"Tinker Ed" includes examples of:
- An Aesop:
- Fairy tales arent real and you just have to accept that.
- You dont have to agree with people, but dont stomp on their beliefs.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Jimmy, Kevin and Sarah succeed in capturing humiliating photos of the Eds (or just Edd and Eddy). Also, Jimmy never was depressed to begin with, he was just looking for kicks.
- Balloon Belly: Rolf gets one after attempting to ensure nobody eats his stash of bologna in a panic.
- Captain Obvious: Edd when he describes Jimmy and Sarah set them all up in the end.Edd: They were all part of a genius, elaborate hoax!
- Dragged into Drag: Eddy as a fairy princess and Edd as a mermaid wearing a bikini top.
- Hypocrite: So it's perfectly acceptable for Kevin to insult Jimmy's childlike belief in Fairy-Tales that sends him into a saddened state, but if the Eds' pull a scam gone wrong based on the same principle, they get punished?
- I Am Big Boned: When Ed comments Eddy is "a-weighting a lot!", Eddy defensively retorts he "ate a big breakfast".
- I Want My Mommy!: Rolf begs his mama come to his aid when he is in gastroenteric pain from eating too much bologna.
- Literal-Minded: When everyone keeps using the phrase "load of bologna" Rolf thinks they are referring to his literal load of bologna he keeps in his backpack and becomes paranoid that everyone is after it.
- Pet the Dog: The Ed Boys (through their usual antics) actually feel bad for Jimmy and try to help him retain his beliefs.
- Running Gag: Kevin and Eddy yelling about fairytales being a "load of baloney" leads Rolf to think they somehow know about his secret stash of bologna in his backpack.
- Sanity Slippage: Played for Laughs with Rolf. Due to everyone using the phrase "load of baloney" he becomes paranoid believing everyone is after his literal load of baloney. He ends up trying to avoid everyone Out of fear they are going to steal his precious load from him, and eventually resorts to eating it all himself in one sitting to ensure nobody else can have it. This comes back to bite him very quickly when he gets sick from eating too much of it at once.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Jimmy, Kevin and Sarah once again. While yes, the Eds did scam Jimmy, Jimmy's own depressed state came from Kevin's harsh criticism. While the Eds do add some fuel to the situation, the fact that Jimmy reveals he was never depressed to begin with. In addition, Kevin and Sarah humiliating the Eds earn them their biggest Jerkass Ball points, as it basically implies they all planned this from the start. Jimmy's manipulative nature here even rivals the infamous "If it smells like an Ed".
- Not to mention, it's Jimmy's own fault Kevin yelled at him in the first place, given he was running around the library and shrieking his head off while Kevin was trying to study.
- Villain Has a Point: The Eds are trying to help Jimmy retain his beliefs through their usual antics. But even they have a point: fairy tales like Aladdin aren't real, and at some point, you have to accept that fairy tales are just that. The problem with Tinker Ed is that Eddy and Kevin are played as the antagonist for trying to snap Jimmy back to reality - even though they technically are jerks about it, they're still right in their assessments.