One of the more famous episodes, purely on how strange and off-the-wall the story becomes, even in the context of the show.
Ed appears in Eddy's bedroom late at night asking random questions about everything he sees, bothering Eddy all night long. In the morning they go to Double-D's house to find him disassembling an antique radio in order to understand how it works. Eddy then gets an idea: if they knew how everything worked, they'd be famous and get rich.
After taking apart a washing machine and Rolf's chicken coop (with Double-D taking notes all the while), things start to get weirder and weirder and the trio begin taking apart reality.
This episode contains examples of:
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: After a random scene transition, the Eds are stuck in a black void with only their eyes and mouths visible. The void is then revealed to be inside Kevin's right eyeball.
- Deconstruction: On the way cartoons (or at least the show's own cartoon reality) work.
- Extreme Omnivore:
- Floating Platforms: At the strangest point in the episode, the world has been reduced to loads of floating houses, platforms, and other random things.
- Forced Perspective: Played with as Eddy literally walks into the background and finds the monochrome houses to be very small and his hand goes behind the sun.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- After Ed saws the sky to reveal the Kanker sisters bathing and kicks the circle away, Eddy snickers "Did you see anything?".
- There's also Ed's mother's bra.
- I'm Melting!: Jimmy after Eddy removes his outline. With no outline, the paint the artists use to color Jimmy and Jimmy himself turns into a puddle. Later Sara comes back with Jimmy in a large pitcher.Jimmy: Don't spill me!
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Kicks off the entire episode: Ed appears in Eddy's bedroom late one night to ask "How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose."
- Interspecies Romance: Apparently, Wilfred (a pig) and Gertrude (a chicken).
- Malaproper: After bumping into the sun, Eddy shrugs and says "Well, if you' can't beat 'em, eat 'em!" before taking a bite out of it like a giant potato chip, turning it into a crescent moon.
- Mind Screw: Where to even start?
- Multiple Head Case: Rolf in the weird universe.Rolf's First head: "Many doors, yes?"
Second Head: "Too much for-"
Third Head: "-Couch Potato Ed-boys like yourselves!"
- No Fourth Wall: While the show is already pretty self-referential, this episode sees it literally getting torn down!
- Not Actually the Ultimate Question: Inverted:Edd: I feel we're getting closer to answering that all-important question!
Eddy: "Is Eddy rich yet?"
Ed: "Can Ed go to the bathroom?"
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Rolf got upset when he found Wilfred in Gertrude's cage again.
- Portable Hole: Subverted at the end of the episode. When the Eds are running from Sarah, Eddy and Double-D fall down a manhole. Ed, still thinking the physics are wacky, tries to pick up the manhole, only to pull out the sewer pipe Eddy and Double-D are stuck in and is forced to run while carrying it.Ed: Big hole.
- Selective Gravity: Frequently messed around with.
- Surreal Humor: Full stop.Edd, pointing to Rolf's cow floating in the sky: "Don't look now, but there's a cow hovering just overhead."
Cow: [crows like a rooster]
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Ed is this to Eddy when the episode began because Ed wanted Eddy to answer all his questions.
- Toon Physics: This episode is chock-full of it. Moreso than by the show's standards.
- Unusually Uninteresting SightEddy: A three-headed Rolf. Yawn.
- Wheel o' Feet: Eddy gets rid of Sarah at one point by producing one of these before jumping out of it, then sticking her in it and forcing her to run away.
- Wipe That Smile Off Your Face:Eddy: "Shut your mouth, Sarah! Or better yet, get rid of it!"