Airdate: May 12, 2000
The Kanker Sisters have decided to go on holiday in Eddys lawn and it is up to the Eds to find a way to get them to leave.
Home Cooked Ed includes examples of:
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Eddy, while cleaning the furniture that the Kankers were laying on, mutters "Filthy filthy filthy!" Ed comments that's normally what Double D would say.Eddy: Don't remind me.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Complaining that her feet are killing her, May rips her sticky sandals off with a spatula and runs around barefoot for a spell. She even wiggles her toes playfully at one point.
- Downer Ending: The Eds when it seemed they finally (and literally) threw the Kankers away, gets them boomeranged back when Jonny slingshots them right back to the Eds, and so poor Edd and Eddy are forced to fight with Kevin over who gets the Kankers' trailer while Ed (who is ironically the strongest one of them) won't lend a hand and just stupidly watches in amazement. In addition, Eddy's furniture was destroyed by the Kankers' trailer.
- Do Wrong, Right: When Eddy accidentally runs Rolf's tractor into the house, he dares the others to be impressed. Ed is not.Eddy: Woo-hoo! Demolition derby, boys! Cool crash, huh, Ed?
Ed: Ive seen better Eddy.
Ed: Look. The tractor is still in-tact. You could have done a lot more with the tree, and you hardly wrecked Kevin's fence. And the steering wheel should be rammed over your head like so. [Ed shoves his head through the steering wheel.]
Eddy: Oh, excuse me. I'm such a hack! I'll be in my trailer. (bumps into the Kankers' trailer)
- Furniture Blockade: The Eds use furniture to prevent the Kankers from entering Eddy's house. Unfortunately the Kankers already somehow got in and watch them barricade the door.
- Hidden Depths: Ed is surprisingly articulate when describing how Eddy's tractor crash wasn't the best he'd seen.
- Insane Troll Logic: "One + One = One on a bun!" Makes about as much sense as Ed's usual random utterances.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After spending the episode breaking and entering, thieving, trespassing their trailer on someone elses yard and attempting to do what is essentially PG-rated sexual assault, the Kankers get their comeuppance when the Eds artificially simulate bad-weather to end their good times, Jonny (who was rescuing Plank) kicking the crap out of them, getting sling-shot all across the cul-de-sac and (in Mays case) made horribly motion-sick.
- Running Gag:
- When Edd or Eddy say or do something reckless or dumb, Ed points out that it is something he really wanted to do.
- At some point Ed takes a liking to rhyming verses.
- Stock Shticks: Lampshaded with the old give me a hand gag.Eddy: Ed, give me a hand!
Ed: Found one. [Brings him Edd's hand, giggling at his own joke.]
Edd: This joke is older than my Mesozoic fossil collection, Ed.
Ed: Whoops, there it goes. Yep, my brain stopped.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: The main conflict of the episode involves the Eds trying to get the Kankers - who at this point has parked their trailer in Eddys lawn, broken into their houses and stolen their things - to leave.Eddy: Get out of my room!
Lee: Whos going to make us?
- [Verb] This!:May: GIVE ME BACK MY BACKSCRATCHER!!!Jonny: Scratch this!
- Vomit Discretion Shot: May is implied to hurl when the trailer goes flying.