Scrooge and Launchpad explore a land where dinosaurs still live, but the kids tag along against Scrooge's directions to the contrary.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Chekhov's Gun:
- The wheels the cavemen have invented are later used to defeat the Tyrannosaur.
- The caveman chief's love of Scrooge's hat later comes in handy when freeing Webby, by trading the hat for her.
- Comically Missing the Point: Launchpad comes in to tell Scrooge that he failed to catch the (non-anthropomorphic) bird he wanted and happens to mention the dinosaurs he discovered. Scrooge exclaims, "Launchpad! Do you realize what you've done?" and Launchpad responds that he'll catch one of the birds next time. It's implied Launchpad literally doesn't know what he found, given that he calls the dinosaur that chased him a big lizard.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Fantastically Indifferent: When Launchpad crawls in on his hands and knees to see Scrooge, Ms. Featherby barely looks up from doing her nails.
- Furry Confusion: Launchpad finds the dinosaurs by accident when he's hunting an exotic bird that Scrooge wants. As usual, how this fits into the fact that the main cast are mostly anthropomorphized ducks is not addressed.
- Informed Species:
- Inventing the Wheel: The cavemen in the lost world have made dozens of wheels without any apparent purpose other than decoration. Also forms a Chekhov's Gun.
- Lost World
- Ptero Soarer: One attacks Launchpad in his plane as he tries to get back to Duckburg. It strikes again when Scrooge and Launchpad arrive the Lost World, and it chases away the boys when they land in its nest.
- Redundant Rescue: The boys, Launchpad, and Scrooge go to rescue Webby from the natives, only to find her telling them a story.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: The main threat of the Lost World.