Gyro invents a watch that allows anyone to move super fast. But the Beagle Boys want to use it so they can steal all of Scrooge's money. Things get worse when the whole group ends up traveling backwards in time and meeting pirates.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Enemy Mine: Scrooge and the Beagle Boys have to join forces in order to return to the present.
- Epic Fail: Even after the nephews used the time teaser to help the Duckburg Mallards get a lead of 32-16 with it in the last inning, the Garfield Ganders managed to gain seventeen more runs after the boys left, handing the Mallards another defeat, much to the boys' chagrin.
- I Gave My Word: While the Beagle Boys distract the pirates so Scrooge and Gyro can work on fixing the time machine to get everyone back to the present, the nephews wonder if Scrooge considered just leaving the Beagles stuck in the past. Scrooge admits that it did cross his mind, but he promised the Beagles that he would wait for them to return before heading back to the present.
- Phlebotinum Breakdown: The time-stopping watch breaking causes everyone to accidentally travel hundreds of years into the past.
- Police are Useless: The Beagle Boys tie up a police officer whilst robbing the ticket stall. After Huey, Dewey and Louie use the Time Teaser to untie him and put the stolen loot back in the safe, they restart time - and all the officer does is try to shoot the Beagle Boys as they run away by firing random shots at them, all of which miss. At no point does he try and stop them as they get into their car and drive away.
- Tempting Fate: When the boys had to leave the baseball game in order to arrive at Scrooge's by noon, the Duckburg Mallards were leading 32-16 with only one inning left, so they felt even the Mallards couldn't blow it. Wanna bet?
- Time Stands Still: What Gyro's new invention does.
- Time Travel
- We Need a Distraction: Scrooge has the Beagle Boys keep the pirates occupied while the others set up the time machine. When Bank Job asks why they had to be ones to keep them busy, Scrooge replies that they're not smart enough to help with the time machine. They may not be smart enough to fix a time machine but they do prove more than able to distract the pirates with their unexpected barbershop singing skills.