Bubba falls in love with the daughter of Scrooge's new neighbors, who meanwhile have gotten in a feud with Scrooge.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Bubba falls for the blonde-haired Julie.
- Interspecies Romance: Bubba, who's a duck, falls in love with Julie, who's a pig.
- New Transfer Student: Julie is this. She initially mistakes Bubba's incompetent attempts to socialize with her as bullying for being the new girl. Once she learns he's also new, he gets a chance to explain his actions and she warms up to him.
- Shout-Out: To Romeo and Juliet.
- Smelly Skunk: When the family feud turns into all-out war, Scrooge throws living skunks on his neighbors' carnival.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Julie and Bubba (in the Puppy Love sense), as befitting the title. They get their elders to tolerate each other only shortly before the Blurfs move elsewhere for financial reasons.