Bubba's grades are deplorable, so the nephews use one of Gyro's latest inventions to increase his IQ, but they all soon become annoyed with the new Bubba.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Disproportionate Retribution: The theme of trespassers being murdered appears yet again. Scrooge, his nephews and Bubba are shot down by the dimwitted descendants of the Ancient Thinkas. The dimwitted natives lock Scrooge and company in a pyramid to starve to death.
- Dumb Is Good: What Bubba usually is until he's exposed to Gyro's machine and becomes an...
- Evil Genius:...possibly leading to a Family-Unfriendly Aesop about intelligence and morality.
- "Flowers for Algernon" Syndrome: Bubba Duck becomes intelligent, civilized, and utterly ruthless and incapable of compassion, something indicated to be directly connected to his new intelligence. He becomes dumb and barbaric again when his brute strength is needed to pound a monster threatening his friends.
- Status Quo Is God: Bubba's back to his old brainless self by the end of the episode.