The Riders set up a meeting between the Berserkers, the Defenders and the Wingmaidens to stave off the threat Johann poses to the Archipelago. In the process, Krogan and his Flyers attack Wingmaiden Island, and it is down to Snotlout and the Wingmaidens to protect the dragons from harm.
- Big Damn Kiss: Minden gives one to Snotlout.
- Brutal Honesty: One of the things Minden likes about Snotlout.
- Dare to Be Badass: When a fire breaks out half-way across the island, Minden sees it as a chance to prove herself to Atali... only to make things worse considering the relief effort left the village vulnerable to attacks. Oops.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: Dagur is the emotive expressive one, Mala remains poised and logical. The two don't get along (at first). Ironically, their arguing devolves into "Hope is instrumental" (Mala) and "Hope is not a strategy!" (Dagur)
- Malaproper: The twins confuse the textbook definition of Meditation (sort of) as being what mediation is.
- Not So Different: Snotlout and Minden can relate to being relegated to less seemingly important jobs, and having a skinny blonde do what they wanted.
- Not-So-Omniscient Council of Bickering: The Council meeting is mostly comprised of Dagur and Mala bickering over who should hold on to the Dragon Eye lenses. It almost gets to spilling Blood on the Debate Floor.
- Power of Trust: How do the twins get Dagur and Mala to cooperate? Put them through incredibly risky trust exercises involving a blind-fold, pools of lava and jumping off of cliffs. And it works. Even they didn't believe it it would work.
- Sincerity Mode: When cheering up Minden, he points out that he has quite the Dragon Riders enough times to know that it isn't worth quitting the Wingmaidens, and he even admits that he is not the best person to go to for advice.Minden: But you said I was passed over for a blonde.
Snotlout: And you listened to me? I'm an idiot. Ask anyone.
- Tell Him I'm Not Speaking to Him: Mala and Dagurs debating becomes so heated that Fishlegs has to give Tactful Translations for each of them.
- 10-Minute Retirement: It takes a full-minute for Snotlout to convince Minden not to quit the Wingmaidens.
- Trial by Combat: The first idea the twins have to defuse the festering conflict between Mala and Dagur is by having them stand on a tightrope with spears. First to knock the other one off wins.