A new dragon is spotted attacking ships and what's worse is it has a rider. The Berk riders fearing it may be Dagur having learned to tame dragons set out to find the unknown rider with help from the Dragon Eye. The Berkians end up finding the new riders camp and after a brief skirmish find out the new rider is none other than Heather, who has taken a few levels in badass.
- Aesop Amnesia:
- Played straight with Heather. Despite knowing that Hiccup is a Friend to All Living Things and that Berk's dragon riders are willing to help her, she didn't come to them for help when her village got destroyed and even stops them from following her.
- Averted with Hiccup. Because he knows Heather's previous personality, where she was part Guile Hero, part The Ingenue, he finds her 180 degree turn unsettling, especially that she would attack them.
- Awesome by Analysis: The riders after examining the raided ship and the spine that Tuffnut found are able to deduce where the mysterious rider is likely feeding her dragon. Indeed, they find Heather almost immediately though she's stealthy.
- Blood Knight: Heather has become this, much to Astrid's delight.
- The Bus Came Back: Heather is back after not being seen for more than a whole season.
- Bus Crash: Heather's parents died off-screen, as did most of her village.
- Call-Back: Stormfly is once again easily distracted by chicken.Astrid: And I have to admit, the chicken move, that brought back some memories.
- Darker and Edgier: Heather may be on more friendly terms with the riders but personally she is more violently inclined and prone to voicing exactly how she would deal with those who would try to hurt her.
- Didn't Think This Through: Heather's solo attack on Dagur, which nearly gets her captured. Hiccup fortunately followed her.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Heather physically attacks all the male riders, but only harmlessly traps Astrid. Ruffnut does get some physical pain but not nearly on the level her brother does. Ruff has to drag him back to Heathers camp.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: What happened to Heather's village.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Astrid approves greatly of Heather's new, more violently inclined, badass personality. She in fact says she "loves" it.
- Irony: Last time Heather was around Astrid had a hard time convincing anyone something was up, with Hiccup saying she worried to much and everyone else convinced she was jealous. This time it's Hiccup convinced something is up and Astrid telling him he's worrying too much.
- Lampshade Hanging: When Heather says she only attacked the riders to try and get them to go away for their own safety, Snoutlout demands why she didn't just tell them that. Heather asks if they would have listenedAstrid: She has a point, we are a pretty stubborn group
Snotlout: I don't listen to anyone.
- The Last Thing You Ever See: When Heather attacks Dagur's ship she shouts, "I want my face to be the last thing that he sees!"
- Love Before First Sight: Parodied; Tuffnut's habit of loving the havoc a dragon can wreak applies when he sees the damage done by Windshear, to the point of trying to marry her when they meet face to face.
- Mundane Utility: Heather has turned some of Windshear's scales and spikes into armor and weapons.
- Not Me This Time: When Stoick comes to confront the dragon riders about the supposed rogue, Tuffnut gives a tearful confession. Hiccup then points out that all the riders have been gathered together in the same place all morning, and thus none of them could have raided the ship. And while the twins engage in senseless destruction For the Lulz, they would never intentionally endanger other people's lives.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Played for Drama. Heather was sneaky before, but at least she could put on an aura of sweetness.
- Took a Level in Badass: Heather seems to have taken several since the last time we saw her.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Again, Heather, because she is now willing to use lethal force against Innocent Bystander Vikings that happen to carry supplies that she needs.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Teenager in this case, but Heather was able to pull off the "Miss Innocent" act with more genuine feels. This time The Gloves Come Off.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Again, Heather, as she raids ships and is implied to kill people to fetch supplies for her village.