As the newly-reawakened Android 17 kills Dr. Gero, a supercomputer in the basement of his lab awakens, and the doctor's mind goes about setting up his backup plan, since his other backup plan won't be ready for several more years yet.
Goku, Chi Chi, and Gohan are out shopping along with Master Roshi, Oolong, Krillin, and Future Trunks when a pair of Red Ribbon Androids, 14 and 15, show up and blow things up. Goku decides to lead them to the Arctic so the city won't take any more damage, but things get tough for our heroes when Gero activates his trump card: the sinister Android 13... and his trucker hat.
How will our heroes stop this latest android assault?
- Adaptation Expansion: Despite the shorter run time, 13, 14 and 15 are given much more personality than in the original film, where the three of them barely talked.
- Big Damn Heroes: Piccolo for Gohan, as is per usual. Given a Lampshade Hanging by Gohan, who cried for Piccolo's help even before it was apparent that the latter was even in the area.
- The movie opens with the main characters shopping for Korin and Yajirobe's wedding, alluding to the special video that TFS made with the two getting engaged following the Supreme Court verifying the legality of gay marriage in the US.
- When the additional Androids are revealed, Future Trunks asks Goku not to tell his father what they found. When Vegeta himself shows up and asks Goku what's going on, Trunks can be heard saying "NO NO NO!" as Goku explains three more Androids showed up. Vegeta then says that "pretty sure that makes eight, never letting the boy live this one down."
- So many are made to Android 17's line about Super Android 13's trucker hat. It turns out that he really is obsessed with it. He actually introduces himself with the exact line that 17 quoted.Android 13: Howdy there, I'm Android 13. Look at my trucker hat.
- Vegeta throws a doggy biscuit at 15's severed head, just as he did with Guldo and 19.
- Goku is punched by Super Android 13 in the dick and left asking why anyone would do such a thing. Vegeta notes how the tables have turned, referencing the number of times that he got kicked in the dick in Cooler 2.
- Right before Super Android 13 is confronted by Trunks, Dr. Gero says "Oh my non-existent God". Keep in mind that this is after Piccolo had fused with Kami. So technically, since Earth is currently without its Guardian, non-existent is right!
- Early-Bird Cameo:
- Goten and Teen Gohan briefly appear in a Cutaway Gag that shows the former being Ret Gone'd after Goku gets punched in the dick.Gohan: (beat) What was I doing here?
- Dr. Wheelo is mentioned at the beginning by Dr. Gero, saying that he should thank Wheelo for him being able to back up his brain in the supercomputer.
- Goten and Teen Gohan briefly appear in a Cutaway Gag that shows the former being Ret Gone'd after Goku gets punched in the dick.
- Forgot About His Powers: Both Goku and Trunks forget to turn Super Saiyan for a good while into their fight with 13, 14, and 15. It's only when Vegeta does so that they get inspired to follow suit.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: During the infamous Groin Attack, there's an x-ray of Goku's "Gotens" shattering.
- Also, the androids analyzing Gokū with their 3d-Scan Mode has a brief moment when it targets his crotch, labeling it as a "Potential Weak Point", making this a Brick Joke as well.
- Gag Echo: Vegeta and Piccolo each make their entrances by popping out of ice to help take out a bad guy, with each also remarking in deep, booming voices that they had been awoken from a slumber.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe, Trunks knows that this trope would be in play if Vegeta found out that there were another set of Androids that existed in this timeline, given how they would be another three that Trunks had failed to warn the Z-Warriors about. Sure enough, Vegeta invokes it immediately upon entering the fray.
- The Other Darrin: Justin Briner appears as Teen Gohan during his brief appearance; which many considered an odd choice due to Future Gohan being played by Zach Holzman. Justified due to the two Gohans growing up in entirely different timelines and being shaped by entirely different events as a result.
- Once More, with Clarity!: The movie opens up showing us Gero's death at the hands of 17 and 18 again, only now we get to see what happens to Gero's mind in the aftermath. Turns out that he took control of his lab's underground supercomputer.
- Persona Non Grata: To the surprise of no one, Master Roshi is not welcome at most Victoria's Secret stores.Krillin: I don't get it; how are you not on some kind of list?
Roshi: You think Master Roshi is my real name?
- 13 has his trademark trucker hat lowered onto his head to a banjo rendition of the Imperial March.
- The chant that Kami and Nail do to amp Piccolo up during the fight with Super Android 13 is taken from "Piccolo Takes A Beating" from Weekly Tube Show. To make it more notable, WTS does the voice of Kami in DBZ Abridged, so it essentially serves as a reprisal.
- The music that plays as Future Trunks confronts Super 13 is "I am the Doctor", the Leitmotif of the Eleventh Doctor, referencing Trunks' status as a time traveler.
- When Future Trunks sees 13, he paraphrases a certain speech from a certain movie starring Samuel L. Jackson. Even better, he paraphrases the TV edit version of said speech.