Vegeta: Nappa, if it'll shut you up for five minutes, then FINE!
Original Airdate: September 3, 2008While en route to Earth, Nappa gets bored and has him and Vegeta stop by the Planet Arlia for some culture, fun, and of course, mass destruction. Meanwhile, Piccolo tries to teach Gohan to dodge, Nail is bored with Namek, and Aquaman tries to stay relevant.
Hey. Don't drop the tropes:
- And Call Him "George"!: Nappa tries to make the Arlian Rancor his pet and ends up killing it.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: During the interlude on Namek, Nail bemoans the planet's boring peace and wishes for something, anything to happen. We all know what will happen next season.
- Early-Bird Cameo: First appearance of planet Namek, Nail, and Guru.
- Meanwhile, Back at the
: The episode cuts away from Arlia twice in this manner:
- The first time, they cut from Vegeta and Nappa being put in prison on Arlia to King Kai's planet for the first introductions of Goku to King Kai. Then when Goku mentions Kai's existence (alone on his planet for 500 years with just Bubbles, Gregory, and Bojack) being boring, they cut to Planet Namek. It then goes back to Arlia.
- The second time, they cut away from Arlia during the "bug sex" scene to see Piccolo training Gohan (or, rather, maliciously reinforce the "Dodge" Running Gag), then a brief cut to a Super Friends episode where Aquaman suggests they use whales to combat the Saiyans. It then goes back to Arlia again.
- Prison Episode: Briefly, since Vegeta and Nappa are arrested and quickly escape. It doesn't stop Nappa from cracking jokes about it, though.
- Prison Rape: A bug prisoner talks about wanting to make Vegeta "his bitch". It doesn't go well for the bug. Nappa won't let Vegeta forget it, however.
- Shout-Out: One of the bug prisoners tells Vegeta that he's now in Oz.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: Mocked; when the Super Friends are talking about how to deal with the incoming Saiyans, Aquaman keeps insisting that they use whales.
- A Wizard Did It: King Kai explains the high gravity on his absurdly small planet as being caused by the fact that he trapped Bojack within it.
Guru: I saw a bird. It was pretty. Kick its ass.