Original Airdate: March 7, 2014
The Z-Fighters get their asses handed to them by Androids. Knowing that Super Saiyans may not be enough to stop them, Piccolo goes to an unexpected source for help.
But first, Dr. Tropes...the hell happened? I had like 15 of these!
- Toriyama the bird from the "Revenge of Cooler" movie returns as one of Android 16's bird-watching documentations. It apparently has also fulfilled Goku's request to teach a dinosaur how to ride a ball.
- Foreshadowing: At the end of the episode, Kami hints that the androids may not be the only thing they need to worry about. The last shot is the camera panning down from Dr. Gero's destroyed lab to a basement below the lab where a larva creature is sleeping inside a tube.
- 18's peck on Krillin's cheek is also played this way in 17 and 18's dialogue immediately after. In DBZA, 18's mutual affection for Krillin would be more obvious, much earlier, than in the original.
- Fun with Subtitles: In the English (Canada) subtitles, it refers to Krillin as "Cocker Spaniel" immediately after 17 says he's as threatening as one.note And after he receives his kiss from 18, he's referred to as "Infatuated as Fuck".
- Jewish Mother: Korin starts talking like this while worrying about Yajirobe.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Apparently Bulma never told Trunks about the fact Vegeta tried to destroy the planet in search for the Dragon Balls.
- Madness Mantra: "All these squares make a circle." Said repeatedly by Mr. Popo during his acid trip.
- Oh My Gods!: When Piccolo gets infuriated at Krillin's insistence that maybe Piccolo can become a "Super Namekian"Piccolo: Oh my other me, shut up! (blasts at Krillin, jumps up) You can all kiss the greenest part of my ass! (flies off)
Tien: There are greener parts of his ass?
- Refuge in Audacity: TFS writes in Mr. Popo's in-canon fear in this part of the Cell saga as him having dropped a gallon of LSD.Piccolo: A gallon?!
Kami: A literal gallon. Out of a milk jug. I don't even know where he got it from; he never leaves the—
Popo: KAMI? I NEED YOU TO TELL ME... THAT I CAN LEAVE THE LOOKOUT IF I WANT TO.
Kami: Mr. Popo, you may leave the lookout if you—
Popo: BITCH, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
Popo: All these squares make a circle...
- Schmuck Bait: 18 asks Vegeta who "has two broken arms and is a complete bitch?" Vegeta angrily states that 18 only broke one of his arms before she immediately does it to the other arm as well and answers with "This guy."
- The Stinger: After the close, we hear a phone call between Korin and Yajirobe.
- This Is Gonna Suck: When Piccolo goes off to re-fuse with Kami, Piccolo knows he's going to have a 2nd voice in his head and is constantly annoyed with Nail's voice bothering him.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The middle part of a three-fer when Krillin tells Tien, Trunks, and Piccolo what happened after the battle between him and the Androids, especially 18: