Original Airdate: August 21, 2008Goku's journey down to King Kai's runs into a few snags. First, he falls off of Snake Way and ends up in Hell, which is full of German, campy ogres. Then, after escaping, he runs afoul of Princess Snake, who's hungry for some meat...
Back on Earth, the rest of the Z-fighters learn the "Pecking order" from Mr. Popo. Meanwhile, Piccolo learns more than he ever wanted to know about what happens when a tailed Saiyan sees the full moon.
Alright, maggots, listen up! Popo's about to teach you the tropes of this episode:
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: In this version, Piccolo only destroyed the Moon in a fit of mania. Though he does acknowledge that all Sayians can turn into it, he never put two and two together that the Moon was connected to the Oozaru form.Piccolo: STOP MOCKING ME!!!
- Are We There Yet?: Nappa starts bugging Vegeta with this in The Stinger.
- Establishing Character Moment: We learn everything we need to know about Popo when he introduces himself to the Earth Warriors.Mr. Popo: Alright, maggots, listen up! Popo's about to teach you the pecking order. It goes: you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
- Reality Ensues: In the stinger, Piccolo gloats that "Wanton destruction" has solves his problems with no repercussions. We then see a news report that the destruction of the moon has caused catastrophic tidal shifts, killing millions, including Sailor Moon.
- Shout-Out: Princess Snake here is one to Metal Gear Solid, complete with a Codec conversation and being voiced by the same actor that voiced Snake in Metal Gear Abridged.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Popo, after ejecting Krillin from the Lookout for daring to even attempt to ask a question.