Future Trunks: Father, are you in there?
Vegeta: Thank you.
Original Airdate: January 16, 2014Vegeta jumps right into battle with the Androids, and ends up getting rag-dolled. It gets even worse when he has choice words for 18.
Then I, too, hope it is a trope:
- Atomic F-Bomb: Vegeta begins this when his arm is broken.
- Berserk Button: Trunks presses the "Goku button", earning him a swift punch in the gut from Vegeta. Krillin then lampshades it.
- Brick Joke: 17 tells 16 he needs a hobby. This is when his affinity for birds starts.
- Country Matters: Vegeta calls 18 a "smug c***". The result: Stunned Silence from everyone else, and a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown from 18.
- Description Cut: Trunks is upset about Vegeta running off to fight the Androids on his own, calling them "humanity's greatest threat." Cut to the battle, where Vegeta's doing more to endanger innocent lives than 18:Vegeta: I will kill as many people as I have to as long as you are one of them!
- Deus Exit Machina: Discussed when Goku is mentioned.Vegeta: Can we stop talking about Kakarot for just a minute?! I mean, for God's sake, he's never even around!
Piccolo: Sad thing is, he's not exactly wrong.
- Lampshade Hanging: Several, like mentioning they were just standing and staring at the androids, assuming that they were destroyed when they weren't and talking a lot about Goku while he's not around.
- Mythology Gag: Vegeta attempts to use his "SAD FOR YOU!" quote from the original English dub, but 18 breaks his arm before he can finish it.
- Shout-Out:Vegeta: Well, well, well. If it isn't Faggoty Andy and On-the-Raggedy Ann.
18: I'm going to break his arm.
17: Kinda proving his point, ain't ya, sis?
18: Shut up, Ann.
- During this dialogue in the English (Canada) sub, the bylines for 17 and 18's lines imply that 17 is "Ann" and 18 is "Andy".
18: How quickly bravado goes out the window when you're flat on your ass.