Original Airdate: April 29, 2013
Goku finally returns to Earth and he is surprised that his friends were waiting for him. The mysterious guy reveals to Goku his origins, and how most of them will be killed by two Androids in the Future. With that knowledge, they have only three years to train.
What are you talking about? We're just studying these tropes:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The confrontation that led to Vegeta and Bulma having sex began as Bulma wiring into the spacecraft/weight room to yell at him for working through his previous injuries. They end up Volleying Insults, and eventually Bulma invites him to her bedroom after a series of exchanged Atomic F-Bombs.Bulma: Oh, no! The Prince is getting all huffy! What are you gonna do, try to blow up Earth again? Because I have Goku on speed dial.
Vegeta: You must be as stupid as he is if you think he knows how to work a phone!
Bulma: Don't you call me stupid!
Vegeta: Okay, then how about BITCH?!
Bulma: Arrogant dick!
Vegeta: Spoiled sow!
Bulma: F*** you!
Vegeta: F*** you!
Bulma: F*** YOU!
Vegeta: F***! YOU!
Bulma: ...my room, 10 minutes.
- Black Comedy: Yamcha hangs himself before the future events because he finds out that Bulma got pregnant with Vegeta's child. Goku lampshades this."Dark.""Yamcha, can I stop being the rope now?"
- Clarke's Third Law: Goku insists that the "muffin button" is how he survived the explosion of Namek.Gohan: Please don't say "muffin button."
Goku: But it was! There's science and stuff!
- Destructo-Nookie: Bulma and Vegeta have sex, with Vegeta shooting an energy blast through the roof.
- Deus ex Machina: Nobody believes that Goku was actually saved from the explosion by the Muffin Button. Somehow, he makes so many muffins that they form a seal around him and take him to Yadrat.
- Dies Differently in Adaptation:
- In Canon, Goku's death in Trunks's time was because of a virus that he caught from unknown causes. Here, it's from a heart attack because of too much bacon.
- Unlike in canon, Yamcha doesn't meet the same fate as the other Z-Fighters. Instead he... well... The trope below explains it.
- Driven to Suicide: According to Trunks, Yamcha doesn't make it to the fight with the Androids because he hangs himself after finding out that Vegeta got Bulma pregnant. Fortunately, Goku manages to prevent this in the main timeline.
- Drives Like Crazy: Both Goku and Piccolo go for joyrides.
- Goshdang It To Heck: Goku sings "Highway to HFIL"
- Namesake Gag: Of course, Vegeta and Bulma would have sex in Episode 34.
- Oh, Crap!:
- Trunks multiple times around Goku. First when he screws up his name (but Goku fails to notice), and then when he lets slip that Bulma is his mom.
- Bulma also, when she realizes that Vegeta isn't using a condom.
- Parental Neglect: Goku and Piccolo leave Gohan in the ground to drive cars again.
- Plausible Deniability: When Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan are off training, Goku told Chi-Chi they were going to the Ozarks.Goku: Please, never tell her we were here.
Piccolo: What are you talking about? We're just "studying".
- Precision F-Strike: This is the first time the word "fuck" is uttered uncensored and full volume,note to emphasize the fact that Bulma and Vegeta's hook-up was without protection, leading to the conception of Trunks.
- Running Gag: This begins the gag about Goku not liking grapes or grape flavoring.
- The Stinger: After the second car scene, it shows Gohan still laying in the snow bank he fell down, groaning in pain.
- Tranquil Fury: Gohan doesn't react well to Goku announcing training after nearly two years off to space. When Goku seems totally oblivious to his annoyance to this, Gohan just takes a breath and accepts.
Bulma: Where's your condom?
Vegeta: The fuck's a condom?