Original Airdate: December 12, 2011Piccolo vs Freeza form 2 kicks into high gear, but when Freeza reveals that he has other forms, things go south. Meanwhile, Vegeta tries to increase his power by having Krillin almost kill him. Dende can then heal him, as no one f*cks with the white mage...except for Freeza.
No one goes to that page anymore, not since these tropes mysteriously repopulated:
- Badass Boast: Gohan right before tossing the Masenko at Freeza:Gohan: HEY FREEZA! The human body's composed of 75% water. I am 100% death! (fires Masenko) HAVE SOME!
- Vegeta notes how back on Earth, Piccolo wasn't able to do much against Nappa, but now is capable of fighting Freeza in his second form. This causes Vegeta to conclude that "power levels are bullsh*t."
- Vegeta decides to hide out on Freeza Planet 419 aka Planet Kanassa from the Bardock, Father of Goku special, since no one goes there since the species repopulated.
- Vegeta: "Actually, that looks more like a plat- (Gets hit) -au!"
- Gohan's "Crapbaskets!" Catchphrase is uttered again when Freeza deflects the Masenko back towards him.
- Call-Forward: As is typical of the Kanassans, we hear them make random references to future events in the series when we cut to their planet after Vegeta decides to hide out there:
- Gag Echo: After Dende refuses to heal Vegeta, the Saiyan Prince weakly yells after him to "come back, Magic Man." The scene immediately following that has Dende healing Piccolo, who replies with "Thank you, Magic Man."
- No-Sell: Third Form Freeza against Gohan's Masenko, as opposed to canon, where it actually came close to finishing him off.
- Say My Name: This is the only condition Dende puts to Vegeta for him to heal Vegeta. Unfortunately, Vegeta, not knowing Dende that well, guesses Krillin's nickname of "Little Green," prompting Dende to fly off.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Vegeta attempts to do this while Freeza's fighting Piccolo, planning to take one of the Ginyus' pods and head off-world, only for Freeza to cut him off at the pass and punch him through a plateau.
- Shout-Out: As indicated by the episode title, Freeza's third form's resemblance to a Xenomorph is heavily mocked:Piccolo: "I think Ridley Scott is going to sue someone."
- So Last Season: Weighted clothing. "That concept lost all meaning, hasn't it?"
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Krillin asks if there's any repercussion for going along with Vegeta's scheme, Vegeta just says, "I will not punch you," which Krillin notes is pretty specific.
- Tempting Fate: Dende thinks he's safe from Vegeta's wrath because his healing power makes him too needed an asset for the fight against Freeza. Unfortunately, Freeza thought so too.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: The reason Piccolo doesn't do anything to stop Freeza while he's transforming? He's too busy arguing with Nail inside his head about getting new apps for his mindscape besides Minesweeper.
- Troll: Freeza's comments while facing down Gohan's Masenko definitely qualify as such:Freeza: Oh no! The invincible Lord Freeza, defeated by a mere child, what dramatic irony! Just kidding! (deflects Masenko back towards Gohan) [...] So, we're all well-aware that that all basically acquainted to a game of hot-space-potato, right?