"You abandoned me for a year with Piccolo, sent me off into space, and the next time I get to see you, you lost your damn body?! YOU'RE NOT EVEN YOU ANYMOOOOORE!"
Original Airdate: May 27, 2011Having traded bodies with Goku, Ginyu-in-Goku and Jeice fly off, leaving Goku-in-Ginyu to trail behind. Meanwhile, Gohan and Krillin find Freeza's ship (bereft of its guards by Vegeta) and the Dragon Balls. But how can they use them, when not even singing works?
I don't know what these tropes are, but they sound just like Radditz:
- Accidental Hero: Ginyu switching his body with a frog wasn't intentional on Goku's part.Goku: A frog got on my hand. It was gross. So I threw it.
- Accidental Innuendo: Invoked. Upon discovering himself in Ginyu's body, Goku refers to himself as "all purple...and horny."
- Upon flying back to Freeza's ship, Ginyu tells Jeice that they need to "touch up on Freeza's Balls." He immediately realizes it afterwards.
- Vegeta decides he's going to yell "Team Three Star!" before breaking Krillin's neck and even imagines himself doing it.
- When Gohan suggests that speaking Namekian could get the Balls to work, Krillin laments that only who could speak German was the toilet on the ship. "And he's dead. God rest his seat."
- Goku-in-Ginyu refers to the wound Ginyu inflicted upon himself before switching bodies with Goku as "the second-worst hole I've had in my chest."
- Goku tells Ginyu that while he may be in Goku's body, he doesn't know Goku's moves, like the Kaio Ken. Ginyu replies "Kaio-WHAT?" before being punched in the face by Krillin.
- Much like how he did with Qui, Vegeta uses the Saiyan handbook to explain how broken the Came Back Strong trope is for Saiyans.
- Calling the Old Man Out: As showcased in the Page Quote, Gohan took the opportunity of beating up Ginyu while he was inside Goku's body to vent his frustrations over being pulled into the situation in the first place.Goku in Ginyu's Body: I don't know where he gets that from.
- Completely Missing the Point: Krillin thinks Ginyu stealing Goku's body is terrible, not because Ginyu now has Goku's immense power at his disposal to fight him and Gohan with, but because it's identity theft.
- He then tells Ginyu they're going to sue him over it, upon which Ginyu tells him they can't sue him if they're already dead. Krillin then goes further into this trope by stating Ginyu would be on trial for murder instead.
- Death by Adaptation: Unlike in canon, where Goku convinces Vegeta to spare Ginyu after having his body swapped with a frog, pointing out that such a fate would be more humiliating than death for Ginyu, here Vegeta just squashes the frog after pretending to be convinced by Goku's words.
- Lightbulb Joke: The Stinger has Freeza give one to Nail involving how many Namekians it takes to screw in a lightbulb. The answer is the whole race: One to screw in the lightbulb, and the rest to die, and then the one screwing in the lightbulb dies too.
- Moment of Silence: Ginyu tries to invoke this for his men following Jeice's death. Vegeta won't even allow him that.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Upon digging up the Dragon Balls, Krillin tells Gohan to hurry up so that they can wish back Piccolo, Tien, and Chaotzu.
- Noodle Incident: According to Vegeta, Freeza had Captain Ginyu bury the bodies following a "Jockstrap Incident."
- Oh, Crap!: Jeice upon reading the part in the Saiyan handbook where it says they come back stronger from the brink of death.
- Also Vegeta upon Captain Ginyu attempting to use the Body Swap technique on Vegeta while he's in the middle of a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown of Ginyu.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Vegeta to Jeice: "G'day, mate."
- Followed up by a Pre-Mortem One-Liner:Jeice: I'm right f*cked, aren't I?
Vegeta: Right in the down under.
- Followed up by a Pre-Mortem One-Liner:
- Series Continuity Error: Upon Krillin being slapped by Ginyu-in-Goku, the "Krillin Owned" meter increases to thirteen, despite it already reaching thirteen two episodes earlier upon Krillin being hit by Burter and Jeice's "Seizure Procedure" technique.
- Two of Freeza's soldiers standing guard at his ship discuss the Wilhelm Scream from the Star Wars films before using it as Vegeta kills them.
- Vegeta No Sells a punch from Jeice before replying "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
- Just before Vegeta kills him, Jeice thinks, "Clever girl..."
- Vegeta ruins Ginyu's Moment of Silence by flying towards him while repeatedly yelling "Mine!"
- Vegeta, Krillin, and Ginyu bring up the Goku/Kakarot name confusion in a parody of the Who's on First? routine.
- Something Only They Would Say: Krillin determines who's in Goku's body by asking which is their favorite food. Ginyu answers "Waldorf salad" while Goku apparently doesn't understand the question.
- Voices Are Mental: Averted; MasakoX voices Ginyu-in-Goku while Antfish voices Goku-in-Ginyu.
- Who's on First?: Ginyu and Goku having switched bodies, Vegeta's insistence upon calling Goku by his Saiyan name Kakarot results in thisVegeta: The best part about this, I get to kill both Ginyu and Kakarot at the same time.
Ginyu in Goku's body: Wait, who's Kakarot?
Vegeta: You're Kakarot.
Ginyu in Goku's body: I thought his name was Goku.
Krillin: His name is Goku!
Vegeta: No, it's Kakarot.
Ginyu in Goku's body: But he just said Goku.
Krillin: Yeah, I did.
Vegeta: I know what he said but he—
Ginyu in Goku's body: So what is it? Kakarot or Goku?
Vegeta and Krillin: It's Kakarot/Goku!
Vegeta: No, no, no! Just...look. His Saiyan name is Kakarot, but he changed it when he landed on Earth as a baby. So they kept calling him by his Earth name, and I am calling him by his real name!
Goku in Ginyu's body: ...so does that make me Ginyu?
Vegeta: (screams in rage)