Season 2, Episode 11:
Topher races to reconstruct Echo's original personality and memories when it's revealed they are the key to averting a devastating future.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Almost Kiss: Topher and Bennett. Interrupted when she asks who Topher is trying to resurrect. Averted later in the episode.
- Big Bad Friend: Boyd.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Topher when Claire kills Bennett.
- Boom, Headshot!: Bennett is on the receiving end of this, courtesy of Dr. Saunders.
- Clue, Evidence, and a Smoking GunCaroline: Let me guess... neuroscience?Bennett: How'd you know?Caroline: Fish. Brain food. Also brain books. [indicates Bennett's neuroscience textbooks]
- Delayed Reaction: Adelle sees Dr. Saunders, walks off... and comes back a few seconds later to stare at her.
- Geeky Turn-On: Topher and Bennett are clearly attracted to each other's technical abilities.
- Kill the Cutie: Poor Bennett...
- Once More, with Clarity!: We see more of the context around Bennett's memory of losing her arm, as well as one of the flashbacks (now present events) from Epitaph One.
- Shout-Out: Caroline, upon seeing a picture of Bennett (played by Summer Glau): "Bet you could kill me with your brain."
- Clyde 5.0 reveals that the name "Rossum" is a reference to a play: R.U.R. by Karel Capek (Rossum's Universal Robots), in which a race of artificial biological automatons exterminate their human creators.
- Skewed Priorities: In an otherwise tense scene:Adelle: You have much to answer for, young woman.Caroline: I do?Adelle: Yes. You forced me to come to Arizona. I loathe Arizona.
- That Came Out WrongTopher: Lab's in here! You showed me yours, let me... show you mine. [winces][Bennett looks disgusted]
- The Bus Came Back: Dr. Saunders. She is revealed to have been having a relationship with Boyd since she left the Dollhouse.
- The Reveal: Boyd is the head of Rossum, and Clyde's hidden partner.