The Doctor: I don't know. I've never asked. Because I've always been too busy ... running away.
The one where they forgot to hit the spacebar.
Broadcast on BBC One on 23 April 2016 during the halftime of the FA Cup semi-final match between Manchester United and Everton, this special Doctor Who mini-episode unveils the Doctor's newest companion: Bill Potts. As they flee his most notorious enemies — the Daleks — the feisty lass is asking all the right questions, just at all the wrong times...
It takes place during the events of Series 10 premiere "The Pilot".
Watch it here.
- And Introducing: "Introducing Pearl Mackie AsBill" slams onto the screen at the end.
- Becomes a Brick Joke in the Doctor Who Fan Show: the exact same text shows up in front of the host, who proceeds to separate "as" and "Bill" from each other.
- Audience Surrogate: Bill, who having just seen the Daleks, mocks their design, such as how fat they are and having a sucker.
- Cliffhanger: It ends with the Doctor and Bill faced by a Dalek which is pointing its gun at them.
- The Dreaded: The Doctor describes the Daleks as his worst enemies once again.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: The Daleks repeatedly miss the Doctor and Bill.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The Doctor informs Bill that "2017 needs us" — the year Series 10 will premiere.
- Naïve Newcomer: Bill, having never seen a Dalek before, takes quite a while to realize the gravity of the situation. Hell, there's also the fact that she and the Doctor are on some alien ship full of them.The Doctor: Do we really want them to save time [with killing us]?
Bill: ... Good point.
- Negative Continuity: Bill doesn't know what a Dalek is, implying the events of "Doomsday" and "The Stolen Earth"/"Journey's End" were undone by the Timey-Wimey Ball.
- Shout-Out: The Doctor tells Bill they must get "back... to the future."
- Stepford Snarker: While they are hiding from Daleks trying to kill them, Bill snarks about the Dalek design.
- Skewed Priorities: While they are hiding from Daleks shooting at them and the Doctor is telling her to be quiet, Bill continues asking about the Daleks and mocking the design.
- Stock Footage: Some shots of attacking Daleks are recycled from "Into the Dalek".
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Doctor and Bill's apparent dynamic. At one point, the Doctor visibly struggles not to crack.
- Tyop on the Cover: The on-screen text neglected to include a space between "As" and "Bill".