The one where we learn how Strax got better.
And how an unlikely trio came to be.
Strax wakes to a voice calling his name, to find Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint standing over him. Jenny insists, much to Strax's disappointment, that he is not dead and has made a full recovery. Also, Vastra and Jenny have noticed that he is alone and make a tempting offer: to come with them to this strange planet of "London", full of fancy dresses and an awful lot of running to do. It can be viewed online.
- Birds of a Feather: Vastra and Jenny ask Strax to join him because he's also alone, like them.
- Coming-Out Story: Referenced. It is revealed that Jenny was ostracized from her family for being a lesbian.
- Fainting: It turns out that this is what happened to Strax, much to his disappointment.
- How We Got Here: Wonder how Strax survived his death at Demons Run? He wasn't dying. He only wanted to die. So now fans know why Strax was hanging out with Madame Vastra and Jenny in Victorian London.
- Not Now, We're Too Busy Crying over You: Inverted — Strax is adamant that he's dying, while Jenny and Vastra are trying to convince him that he just fainted.
- Not Quite Dead: Strax's injuries have been healed. Turns out he just passed out when talking to Rory.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Paternoster Gang is a Sillurian Serial-Killer Killer from the dawn of time, a lesbian Ninja Maid and a Sontaran Combat Medic.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: "So, dresses then!"