Alright, alright, we'll get on with the recap! Impatient little ϟϟϟϟϟ-AHAOWW!! Right... guess they hate swearing too... makes sense...
It was written by Neil Gaiman (and not, as credited, Steven Moffat) and it is a rewrite of a scene originally from "The Doctor's Wife", which also appeared as a short comic featuring Amy and Rory instead of River.
River and the Doctor are in one of their date nights. Not the best, since they're about to be sacrificed to the local Rain Gods.
They bicker a bit, and the Doctor assures River that he really, totally has a plan. Creating a distraction and running away. Which River thinks is not much of a plan.
But then the Doctor smells something — ozone. Thunder rumbles, the Doctor taunts the Rain Gods (to the horror of the locals), and crouches on the ground with River. Lightning strikes the two standing locals. The Doctor pulls an umbrella out of nowhere as it starts to rain. Delighted, both run away.
The final shot is of the TARDIS parked in the rain, while the Doctor and River are heard, bickering still.
- Death from Above: Lightning — purely by chance.
- DVD Bonus Content
- Hammerspace: Where did that umbrella come from?
- Human Sacrifice: It's good for the crops, apparently. There's scientific evidence!
- Interquel: The Doctor has his purple garb on, so it has to precede at least the first episode of Series 7B.
- Indy Ploy: Lampshaded and discussed. River is not impressed.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Which they are.
- Minimalist Cast: The Doctor, River and two extras.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Not much, since there weren't any real gods, just a storm. Probably.The Doctor: Any Rain Gods up there? You're rubbish! Strike me if I'm wrong!
- Ship Tease:River: We should be burning at the stake right now, lucky for you you're pretty.
- Umbrella of Togetherness
...Are they gone...?
ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ