When D-Structs loses his spark bug in a fight with the Dumps, Skrap-It finds something similar to replace it with, which turns out to be an extremely rare and powerful Spark Bug Supercharger. With it's power, D-Structs is strong enough to take out all of the Dinotrux at once single-handedly.
Hoping to find another one to use on Ty, the gang discover that Spark Bug Superchargers short out from stress very easily, and decide to try exploiting that weakness instead.
- Call-Back: To better stand up against the super-charged D-Structs, the Dinotrux build themselves metal armour using D-Structs' lava pit as a forge. Skya makes a copy of her Battering Ram armor.
- Colossus Climb: Noticing there's something different about D-Structs' engine, he tries to climb up onto D-Structs to have a closer look, but he is flung off in the fight before he gets a chance.
- Compressed Vice: A bad accident with a dragonflopter causes Revvit to develop a fear of flying he has to overcome to save the day.
- Continuity Nod: When D-Structs takes everyone out before they can short out his spark bug, Revvit remembers D-Structs is still really annoyed by Dragonflopters to the point of being easily distracted by them.
- Contrived Coincidence: Given how difficult catching Spark Bug Supercharger on purpose without blowing it out is shown to be, it's quite a miracle that Skrap-It managed to come across an easily recoverable one given he didn't even know what he was looking for. When D-Structs tries to get him to do it again, Skrap-It not only doesn't find a Super Charger, but he also gets a Spark Bug for a Craneosaur, not a T-Trux.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Supercharged D-Structs is so powerful, he mops the floor with all of the Dinotrux at once.
- Fragile Speedster: Ton-Ton's role in the fight. He is not outfitted with any armor at all in order to keep him light and agile.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: While Ty does actually outfit himself with a complete suit of armour including helmet, D-Structs rips the helmet off with his tail fairly quickly.
- Innocuously Important Episode: While Superchargers are written off as Awesome, but Impractical and won't be thought about again for a while, they'll come back in a big way when the major impracticality eventually becomes a non-issue in Dinotrux: Supercharged.
- Power Glows: The Spark Bug Supercharger can be identified by its extremely powerful glow. It glows so brightly, the light is noticeable from the outside of D-Structs' engine.
- You Can Always Tell a Liar:Dozer: You twitch even more when you lie, Skrap-it!
Skrap-It No, (twitch) I (twitch) don't! (excessive twitching)
- Villain Decay: D-Structs is worried this is beginning to happen to him due to repeated defeats from Ty and crew. The Dumps casually play near his lair with no fear of him, and even damage him in a fight.
- Visual Pun: Dozer is The Lancer to Ty Rux, and here he is literally made into a lancer, with all of his augmentation put into equipping himself with a lance instead of armor.