The struggle between Dukemon and Beelzebumon continues, with Dukemon able to fend off Beelzebumons attacks. The others, unable to find Takato, worry about whats happened to him. Juri continues to mourn Leomons death, wondering if this is fate.
The ensuing scuffle causes Jian to be separated from Shaochung, and Caturamon receives orders from Zhuqiaomon to punish Lopmon for betraying him. Caturamon approaches Shaochung and Lopmon with the intent to kill them, but Terriermon intervenes and is knocked away. Dukemon arrives and quickly dispatches Caturamon, but Beelzebumon loads Caturamons data and continues to fight.
Jian tries to get Shaochung away from Lopmon, saying that shell be in danger if she stays close to him, but Shaochung holds up her Ark and reminds him that Lopmon is her partner. Jian stops himself, and Renamon goes off to fetch Terriermon while Hirokazu and Kenta continue their search for Takato. Beelzebumon attacks them, and Guardromon unsuccessfully tries to protect them, only being knocked aside while Hirokazu fears that he may be subjected to the same fate as Leomon.
Dukemon shields Hirokazu and Kenta from Guardromon, and Kenta realizes that he feels Takatos presence. Guardromon carries the two of them back to the others and Kenta tells the others, startling everyone. Frustrated at not being able to do anything while Takatos fighting with his own Digimon, Hirokazu has Guardromon fire bullets to save Dukemon right when Beelzebumon has him cornered.
With renewed strength, Dukemon defeats Beelzebumon, but is stopped from landing a killing blow by none other than Juri, who tells Takato to stop and that she doesnt want to lose anyone else. Beelzebumon is confused why Juri would say such a thing when he killed her partner, but Juri cries and points out that even if Dukemon killed him, it wouldnt bring Leomon back.
Dukemon reverts to Takato and Guilmon, and Beelzebumon remembers Ai and Makoto, his antics in the human world before making his Deal with the Devil and going on his demonic rampage and murdering Leomon. Beelzebumon leaves, and while Takato is still dazed from what had just happened, Guilmon rejoices at finally having been able to fight alongside Takato. A brand-new, golden Ark presents itself to Takato, and he declares that hell always be with Guilmon.
Ryou and Cyberdramon, meanwhile, continue to wander, and Cyberdramon tells Ryou that theyll soon encounter the most powerful enemy theyve ever seen.
- Bulletproof Human Shield: Dukemon becomes one to protect Kenta. Justified in that he's a Mega-level Digimon and is tough enough to take Beelzebumon's shotgun attacks without them affecting him much.
- Famous Last Words: Caturamon: "Long live the Sovereign!"
- Hidden Depths: Despite usually just being the wisecracking half of Those Two Guys, Hirokazu shows he loves his Digimon just as much as any of the others, remarking to himself that if Guardromon dies protecting him, he'll never forgive himself.
- Juri too shows a remarkable level of maturity in wanting Dukemon to spare Beelzebumon's life, even when she has every reason to want him dead.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Caturamon's death becomes something of a catharsis factor with how horrible he's acted up until now.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Ryou remarks on this when Cyberdramon doesn't immediately go running off to fight the opponent he senses like he usually does, instead showing restraint.
- Taking the Bullet: Terriermon intercepts Caturamon's attack meant for Lopmon and Shaochung, injuring him so badly it will last until the next episode.
- This Is Reality: Jian tries to get Shaochung to listen to him in that being around Lopmon is dangerous, since he's not a pet but a former Deva. But she shows spunk for a little girl, reminding Jian that Lopmon is her partner no matter how much danger that puts her in.
- Villainous BSoD: Beelzebumon goes through one when Juri steps in to prevent his death, realizing how wrong he's been this whole time.
- Would Hurt a Child: Caturamon shows plenty willing to kill a little girl who can't be more then six years old.