MetalSeadramon orders his minions, Hangyomonnote , to chase after the Chosen who had fled with Whamon.
The Children fear for the future, but at Hikaris urging, they try to get themselves to cheer up. They wonder what they can do to defeat the Dark Masters, and Koushirou uses his Digimon Analyzer to get information on WarGreymon's special weapon, the Dramon Killernote , which is highly effective against -dramon-suffixed Digimon.
Gomamon receives a tip-off from his fish friends under the water that they've seen Hangyomon, and Gomamon alerts the Chosen that the enemy is coming. Whamon helps them escape again, while MetalSeadramon relentlessly pursues the chase.
Within Whamon, Koushirou uses his laptop to pull up what Whamon's seeing on his laptop. From outside, the Hangyomon catch Whamon, who is forced to flee. Whamon eventually manages to get them away by diving so deep that the water pressure takes its toll on the Hangyomon, but the result is that they're unable to see anything. Koushirou has Hikari blow her whistle in order to use Whamon's echolocation to find a tunnel. Unfortunately, MetalSeadramon hears the whistle as well, and comes for them.
Whamon successfully gets the Chosen to land, but MetalSeadramon gets to them as well. Agumon warp-evolves to WarGreymon while the other Digimon keep the Hangyomon away, but WarGreymon struggles against MetalSeadramon since both of them are armored with Chrome Digizoid. Whamon takes a fatal hit for WarGreymon, and WarGreymon successfully uses his Dramon Killer to defeat MetalSeadramon.
Whamon tells the kids to save the Digital World before dying, and the fragmented remains of Whamon and MetalSeadramon fly up to Spiral Mountain. The sea portion of Spiral Mountain starts to vanish, and Pinnochimon realizes that this means his "turn" is next.
- Bittersweet Ending: WarGreymon kills MetalSeadramon, but Whamon dies.
- Carnivore Confusion: Tailmon and Palmon are seen in detail using their abilities to catch fish to eat, and Agumon devours a giant one by himself. Yet Gomamon is also seen talking to his fish friends under the water about the Hangyomon in the very next scene. Awkward...
- Changed My Mind, Kid: During the battle with MetalSeadramon, the children tell Whamon to flee. He comes back to help just when WarGreymon is about to lose. This proves to be fatal to him though.
- Cruel and Unusual Death:
- Whamon is killed when MetalSeadramon's energy cannon punches straight through his head, leaving a large hole leading from one side to the other... and he still lives long enough with this tear through his skull to beg the kids to save the world before he dies.
- MetalSeadramon himself dies when WarGreymon charges at full speed through him, entering through his mouth, tearing through his insides and ripping his way out at the base of his tail, leaving a wrecked and mangled corpse behind.
- No Ontological Inertia: As indicated by this episode, defeating a Dark Master causes their portion of Spiral Mountain to vanish.
- Taking the Bullet: Whamon jumps in front of MetalSeadramon's energy blast right before it can strike WarGreymon, dying in the process.