JT is acting up in class, mating mastodons. As the Trope Namer says, he's got it bad, so bad...For Miss Hatzilakos, aka "Miss Hot Sauce." She keeps him after to help her clean the guinea pig cages, but he considers this Cool and Unusual Punishment.
Spinner's got it bad in a different way: body odour.
Ashley's poem isn't well received in Miss Kwan's class. After some Constructive Criticism from Jimmy, she decides to rewrite it, and he decides to be more honest.
- Bait-and-Switch : JT describing his "night" with Miss H, which ended in....guinea pig birth.
- Class Clown : Discussed. JT doesn't get why his teacher is angry for wasting everyone's time with his antics.
- Gag Boobs: JT puts a pair of balloons under his sweater.
- Hot for Teacher : JT for "Miss Hot Sauce."
- Hot Teacher : Miss Hatzilakos.
- Recycled Plot : Fat rodent isn't fat, it's pregnant, a minor plot point also covered in Degrassi Jr. High.
- Shout-Out : To The Graduate with a shot of a pair of shapely legs and our young hero in the background.
- Also to Marshall Mc Luhan in Snake's media class.
- Stylistic Suck : Ashley's poetry, which is pretty bang-on for an angsty teenage girl.
- Three-Month-Old Newborn: Apparently, guinea pigs at Degrassi give birth to full-grown hamsters.
- You Could Have Used Your Powers for Good : A mild version, in that JT's intelligence is wasted as the Class Clown.