Come as you are, as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy.
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late.
Take a rest, as a friend, as an old memoria...
—Nirvana Come As You Are
Mr. Simpson starts off the term with an assembly where he announces the school is getting rid of its uniform policy. He also introduces the new junior hockey team, with most of them being new students. Dallas, captain of the team, is staying with Drew and Adam. Meanwhile, Drew finally breaks up with Katie, saying that he cheated on her with a girl named Courtney. Katies upset, but it leaves Drew free to finally date Bianca. Dallas and Adam decide to throw a party since the Torres parents are out of town. Drew gets drunk and Katie makes an appearance because she wants them to get back together. They go upstairs to an empty room and in a bid to reunite Katie has sex with Drew, who afterward, ends up passing out in front of everyone.
After Mr. Simpson introduces the Ice Hounds Hockey Team, Alli asks Jenna and Clare if they plan on making any advances. Clare shrugs it off and goes to see Eli. She jokes with him that he's late, expecting him to flirt back. Eli mentions a NYU Portfolio for college, when Becky Baker comes up to them and introduces herself as the sister of Luke Baker, a player on the Ice Hounds, who moved to Toronto from Florida. She asks Clare if she would show him to her class. Clare accepts, and leaves Eli. Clare, Alli, and Jenna are getting ready for the party at the Torres house, when Clare questions her outfit choice, making Alli and Jenna suspicious. Clare finally confesses to the kiss. She says she neglected to tell them because she didn't want to get her hopes up, and mentions that Eli didn't even bring up the kiss at school that day. As Jake walks by the room, Alli and Jenna ask for his advice. He says that Eli will come to Clare if he actually likes her. At the party, Eli is talking to a friend about his time at New York, and Clare tries to make an advance on him. Alli then charades her away and convinces her to try and have fun instead of obsessing over Eli. Later, Eli is sitting alone outside, and Clare comes out to talk to him. She asks him why he hasn't mentioned the kiss and he tells her it's because he's tried so hard to not be so obsessive over Clare. He tells her "the ball is in your court" and she says she's glad they kissed. He tells her that he's also glad he just wants to make sure she's all in. She then kisses him and replies with "Eli, I am all in." Eli then leans in and kisses her.
After the announcement about the end of the uniform policy, Tori and Maya and Tristan are excited to go shopping for new clothes. Maya mentions that she wants to try out for Mo's new rock band. The hockey team walks by and Dallas makes a joke about Maya being flat-chested, making Maya feel insecure. Maya talks to Mo about auditioning for his band and Mo says he has a more "mature" vision, after glancing at her chest to imply Maya is not physically developed enough. Maya, Tori, Tristan, and Zig all go to the mall and Maya talks to Tori about what happened with Mo. Maya sees a poster of a woman in a bra and compares the model's breast size to her own, feeling even more insecure. Tristan then wonders aloud if Maya is thinking about getting breast implants. Tori tells him that she has a different idea. Later at home, after practicing her cello, Maya takes the "chicken cutlets" and stands in front of a mirror while putting them in, hoping they will make her look mature.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Easily Forgiven: Played with, because of Katie's drug problem she thinks it's her fault Drew slept with 'Courtney' during break. So she blames herself and goes to make amends with Drew at the Torres house party. Of course Courtney doesn't exist and Drew didn't do anything with Bianca besides the one kiss in Hollaback Girl Pt, 1. ... Suffice to say she doesn't forgive him easily later on.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: A lot of debate exists from the ending. Was it rape or did he simply drunkenly cheat on Bianca? It's a huge controversy in the fandom, especially factoring Katie being a popular character and Drianca being a popular if somewhat polarizing ship.
- Peer Pressure Makes You Evil: Drew, not that he's "evil" per se but he was experiencing a lot of peer pressure from Dallas and The Ice Hounds that led to him being drunk and having Katie in his room in the first place.
- Plot Parallel: In a weird way. As pointed out here these episodes are almost exactly the same as Standing In The Dark, the episode where Darcy gets raped. YMMV but reading the article... you definitely have something to argue if you believe he was raped.
- Poor Communication Kills: Lots, Adam and Dallas not telling Drew there would be a party, Drew lying to Katie about why he wanted to break up to protect Bianca, Katie not telling him she was going to go to the party, Drew not telling Bianca that Katie showed up and Katie and Drew assuming he was less drunk than he actually was.
- Relationship Upgrade: Drew and Bianca officially get back together, since they had decided to stay friends until Katie was back on her feet. Eli and Clare go from... the not-talking friends that they were in "New Beginnings" to a couple again
- Tap on the Head
- Wild Teen Party