Darkwing and Gosalyn arrive at a small cabin for a vacation, only to discover a number of things are amiss — the cabin's owner says they rented it for three people, and they are carrying Launchpad's luggage, but Launchpad himself is nowhere to be seen. Looking at Gosalyn's camera, the two find that Launchpad has been kidnapped by a group of aliens, who also wiped their minds of the experience. Then the alien ship appears again, along with Launchpad, who explains that the aliens aren't hostile — his "abduction" was just them taking him to their leader, who he met briefly when they were both children. Now Tia is ready to ascend the throne. However, she wants a husband to reign with her, and she's set her sights on Launchpad.
- And I Must Scream: Darkwing wakes up as a Brain in a Jar after the aliens hijack his body to kidnap Launchpad, who is about to be crowned emperor of the galaxy (It Makes Sense in Context). He still manages to scream despite having no mouth anymore.
- Busman's Holiday: Darkwing begins the episode intending for him and his family to take a vacation from superhero work, but all that goes out the window when Tia shows up looking for Launchpad, and they wind up having a regular adventure instead.
- The Cameo: Launchpad's father Ripcord, last seen in DuckTales (1987) appears briefly in the flashback.
- Cover Innocent Eyes and Ears: Darkwing does this to Gosalyn when he mistakes Bleeb's word "Oom-pah" (marriage) as meaning something else.D.W.: Hey, hey, hey! Watch your language!
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: When Tia reluctantly says good-bye to Launchpad, she finds that her three servants had cloned him, much to her joy.
- Evil Chancellor: Bleeb plans to steal Launchpad's brain and put a computerised one in him, allowing him to essentially control the galaxy with Launchpad as a puppet king.
- Fourth Date Marriage: Exaggerated then subverted. Tia and Launchpad knew one another for all of a few hours back when they were kids, and many years later, Tia shows up again wanting to marry him. Launchpad goes along with it for most of the episode, but ultimately cancels the wedding, unconvinced that it would work out.
- Interspecies Romance: Launchpad is a duck; Tia is an alien. The episode focuses around them almost getting married.
- Manic Pixie Dream Guy: Growing up, Tia was so focused on learning what she needed to know that she never slowed down and relaxed. The easygoing Launchpad "gave [her] the gift of laughter" and she fell in love with him partially on that basis. It's even deconstructed a bit, given that Launchpad points out that fun isn't the only important component of a marriage.
- Quitting to Get Married: A rare male example; Launchpad of course has to cede his position as Darkwing's partner given that he's going to be off-planet. However, given that Tia's husband will be emperor of the galaxy, he is gaining another job in the process.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Tia is interested in Launchpad because he's kind, has a good heart, and taught her how to laugh and have fun.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Launchpad ends up cancelling the wedding, telling Tia that he's not ready for such a big commitment on the basis of a single afternoon spent together years ago and that, while they had fun together, that's not the only important thing in a marriage.
- What Does She See in Him?: Darkwing is shocked at Tia's interest in Launchpad, to the point of launching an investigation, suspecting she's up to something. (As it turns out, her Evil Chancellor was the dangerous one; Tia's interest was quite genuine.)
- Wistful Amnesia: The aliens only take Launchpad and wipe Darkwing and Gosalyn's memories so they go on their vacation without him (they don't forget all about Launchpad, just that he was supposed to be on the trip with them) but figure out something is wrong when their room was booked for three people and they notice they still have Launchpad's luggage with them.