Bushroot, annoyed with being screamed at while doing his shopping, decides to disrupt the year's joyful tidings.
This episode involves examples of the following tropes.
- Christmas Episode: The story takes place over a single Christmas eve.
- Everyone Hates Fruit Cakes: A double example.
- Bushroot complains that "everybody treats me like last year's fruitcake."
- Darkwing hears a guy yelling that someone stole his fruitcake. He wonders who would do that, and Launchpad responds, "I wish I knew. I can never get rid of the stuff."
- The Grinch: Bushroot. His motivation for being a Grinch, though, is that he has great difficulty doing his Christmas shopping and swears to make everyone else feel his pain.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: Pretty much said word for word. Darkwing says out loud that some sinister force is at work when Brushroot chimes in casually, saying he's not really sinister, just misunderstood. Being one of the more sympathetic villains on the show, he might have a point.
- Present Peeking: When Drake doesn't yield to her claims that she'll never make it till Christmas morning (tomorrow), Gosalyn sneaks downstairs in the middle of the night to get a look at her presents.
- When Trees Attack: Bushroot brings Christmas trees to life to serve as his Mooks.
- "Where? Where?": A child screams, "Eek, a plant monster!" upon seeing Bushroot. Bushroot asks, "Where?"