Suffering a Potty Emergency, Dan is impeded in his desperate drive home by the immovable gridlock. He fails to get home in time, and, feeling it's now personal, decides to rid the city of its horrific traffic. He takes special aim at Helicopter Hal, a traffic reporter who profits from the gridlock.
Meanwhile, Elise is designing a new, non-lethal bioweapon for the government. It causes a long period of vertigo. After hijacking Elise's chemicals and Helicopter Hal's chopper, Dan inadvertently drops the bioweapon and the wind carries it to Bakersfield.
This episode provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Continuity Nod: It's been established that Dan has terrible handwriting.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Helicopter Hal brags about how the traffic jams are paying his bills, then wonders openly whether the mic is on.
- Even Evil Has Standards: As Dan is putting explosives under a bunch of cars to blow them up, Chris tells him there are so many people in the city he'd have to destroy hundreds of thousands of cars to even make a dent in the amount of traffic, triggering this exchange:
- Evil Laugh: Dan has an Evil Giggle.Dan: Hee hee hee! That was my laugh of triumph.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Dan asks if a shepherd will move the flock out of the way.
- Placebo Effect: Chris spills Elise's ice tea on himself, believing it to be the vertigo-inducing bioweapon. He instantly panics.Chris: I can't stop falling!
- Potty Emergency: Dan gets this in the beginning of the episode.
- Potty Failure: The reason why Dan vows revenge on traffic in the first place.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Whilst racing to get home, Dan gets pulled over for driving on the sidewalk. After Dan explains how badly he needs to pee, the cop lets him go.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Elise's guinea pig. Even cuter when it's tripping on vertigo gas.
- Small Name, Big Ego: This exchange follows a punch from Dan to Helicopter Hal:Helicopter Hal: You can't just punch a celebrity!Dan: I didn't!
- Stuff Blowing Up:Dan: It's the car-pocalypse!
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:Elise: How's Dan doing?Chris: We didn't blow anything up, if that's what you're asking.