Dan discovers that his car has been scratched, and there's only one logical explanation on what did it: The Wolf Man. Aided with his sidekick Chris, the two set out to find the creature and set things right.
This episode provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Agent Mulder: Using the few clues on what attacked his car, Dan comes to the conclusion that it was a Wolf-Man. He was right.
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison:Dan: What wears shoes, but also has paws? The wolf-man!Chris: So, you're saying that the wolf-man's a jogger.Dan: He's an evil beast with an unsavoury blood lust. Of course he jogs!
- Black Comedy: While chasing the Wolf-Man in his car, Chris accidentally runs over a cyclist. He wants to go back and see if he's okay, but Dan, who's not going to abandon the chase, lies and says he saw him get up. Meanwhile, back at the scene:Ambulance Guy 1: He's definitely not okay.Ambulance Guy 2: He won't be getting up for a long time.
- Chased by Angry Natives: Undead natives!
- Dem Bones
- Dramatic Thunder: Lampshaded.Chris: That's odd. It isn't even raining.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Dan will do a lot of insane and criminal things for revenge, but even he thinks Chris is a psycho for wanting to kill the Wolfman just because the Wolfman keyed Dan's car. Turns out Dan just wanted to key the Wolfman's car the whole time.
- Forging Scene
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Chris has a Vanity License Plate that reads, "PUSHOVR"
- Grave Robbing: Because Dan has no money to get a bow at a sporting goods store.
- Hypocritical Humor: After Dan demonstrates how a wolf-man with sneakers jobs.Chris: He doesn't run that way in the movies.
Dan: THIS ISN'T THE MOVIES; THIS IS REAL LIFE! STOP LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD! THE WOLF-MAN SCRATCHED MY CAR, AND HE MUST PAY... next month.
Chris: Why next month?
Dan: Next full moon. Don't you watch movies?
- Knight Templar: Chris probably thought this way about Dan the whole episode, until the end, where Dan turns the tables on him.Dan: He scratched up my car, and you want to kill him?
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Police Brutality: A police officer does taze Dan, but only after Dan made a scene at the station and took his hat after being warned not to.
- Running Gag:Chris: Oh, no! I ran over another cyclist!
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Dan and Chris go a few months worth of preparing just so they can scratch the Wolf-Man's car. Chris sums it up nicely:Chris: We steal from an archaeological dig, my car smells like coffee, and my great-great grandfather's lucky silver dollar has been pounded flat and is now lost in the right buttock of a were-creature! All so you could key his car?!Dan: (nonchalantly) Yeah. Wanna hit Burgerphile?
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: This exchange:Dan: Come on, get after him! Pretend that he's a sandwich!Chris: What kind of sandwich?
- Silver Arrowhead
- This Is Reality: "Reality. Why can't I wake up from this?"
- Also see Hypocritical Humor.
- Toon Physics: Dan hides Chris's entire car behind a skinny little tree.
- Unwilling Suspension: Dan does this to the first "Wolf-Man" he catches, which is just a trick-or-treater.
- Wolf Man