Atlantis is the thirty third Episode in DC Universe Online, which brings the focus to Atlantis. This episode introduces new characters such as Aqualad, King Shark, and Murk.
SummaryAquaman, Mera, and Ocean Master are summoned to the Atlantean council to review the events that occurred at Spindrift Station. No longer able to tolerate Arthur's liberal policies in regards to the Surface World, the council strips him of his title as King and charge him for treason.
- Didn't Think This Through: The Atlantean Council initially sides with Corum Rath as they wanted to remove Arthur from the throne. However, they never thought that Rath would still hold resentment towards Atlantis and decide to destroy it and build his own kingdom.
- Downer Beginning: Aquaman is stripped of his title as King and he (And by extension the House of Atlan) is marked for death for treason. Not to mention he is killed by Grum.
- False Reassurance: Rath agrees with Aquaman's statement that the people of Atlantis would never follow him and his plan to use dark magic, before revealing his plan to destroy Atlantis and build his own kingdom from its remains.
- The Ghost: Tempest, the original Aqualad, is mentioned by the current Aquadlad, Kalduran, as being the latters teacher in the Silent School.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Thanks to Corum Rath's propaganda, the Atlanteans have turned against the House of Atlan. One of the daily quests has the new Heroes/Villians aid the citizens to regain their trust.
- Neutral No Longer: King Shark, in the Atlantis: Silent School alert makes it clear that he is just watching to see how it plays out to determine what its best for the people of the Ninth Tride to the point where he decided it would be best for him to become the new King of Atlantis. Once defeated in the Atlantis: Crown of Thorns raid, he decides to ally with Atlan on the promise of better treatment for his people.
- Not Quite Dead: At the end of the Atlantis Crown of Thorns raid, Aquaman is revealed to still be alive.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Black Manta only agreed to aid Corum Rath on the promise that he will be the one to kill Aquaman. Upon hearing of the possibility of Aquaman already being dead, Manta makes it clear that if it were true, then he would kill Rath himself.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Aquamans death, Mera and Ocean master are forced to work together to both survive and take down Corum Rath.