Diana always preferred her fun aunt Antiope to her strict mother but when Antiope takes the girls out on the town, Diana sees her aunt's antics in a whole new light.
- Biker Babe: When the girls first see Antiope, she is riding a motorcycle clad in leather riding clothes.
- Broken Pedestal: Diana looked up to her Aunt Antiope because she was more fun-loving and enjoys pretending to be a warrior as a child. Soon when she became older and more mature, Diana saw how much trouble Antipope was bringing to her and the girls. And learned just how irresponsible she is when it comes to fighting monsters, to the point of neglecting to stop the Kraken she accidentally released. Diana eventually realized her mother is a better role model when it comes to being a warrior and the responsibility behind it.
- The Bus Came Back: The first time Hippolyta has reappeared since all the way back in "#SweetJustice".
- Cool Aunt: Deconstructed. Antiope is this to Diana, who always prefer going on adventures and pretending to be a warrior over studying. But when Diana becomes more mature, she begins to realize how irresponsible Antiope is. Her antics actually bought much trouble for the girls the night before finals and found themselves fighting a monster Antiope accidentally released and was supposed to bring back. Diana lost her respect for her aunt and begin to realize how her strict mother was right and doing her a favor when it comes to studying and being responsible.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Antiope is the rulebreaking one to Hippolya's traditional sibling.
- Girls' Night Out Episode: Antiope takes the girls out for a night of fun. It goes from a dance club to dinner at a diner (which Antiope doesn't pay for) to a Biker Bar where they get in a Bar Brawl, and finally a poker game with the Royal Flush Gang which is broken up by the police (from whom they escape in a stolen car). All this on the night before finals.
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: Antiope arm wrestles with a biker and beats him handily. He doesn't take kindly to this.Biker: I don't like losing to girls!
Kara: Then you're going to hate this. [she and the girls leap into battle]
- Ironic Echo: Halfway through the episode, Antiope tells Diana she's sounding like her mother, and she's upset. At the end of the episode, she says the same thing, but this time Diana is accepting of it.
- Kraken: The girls fight it when it gets loose in the city. It was actually the real reason Antiope was there; she was supposed to imprison it back but flaked out on it.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: The sight of the out-cold Kraken as Antiope tries to drag it past, makes two girls having sushi push their last pieces of (octopus) sushi away in disgust.
- No-Sell: The girls manage to stall the Kraken long enough for Kara to punch it back into the sea... except she just bounces off the creature without it so much as flinching.
- Retcon: In Hippolyta's earlier appearances and the episode's beginning flashback, she was portrayed as a overly strict mother who doesn't believe Diana has the potential to be a warrior and thrive in training. In a flashback, she is shown to be a nurturing mother who encourages young Diana to study to be prepared for everything as a part of becoming a great warrior.
- Special Guest / Role Reprise: In flashbacks, Young Diana is voiced by Lilly Aspell, who played her in both live-action Wonder Woman films.