Greg (Skylar Astin) returns to West Covina, which forces Rebecca to question things she thought she knew about people she has loved in her life. Meanwhile, Valencia and Josh make some shocking discoveries while at their high school reunion.
"Hello, Nice To Meet You" (sung by Rachel Bloom and Skylar Astin)
- Curse Cut Short: Apropos of one time when Rebecca and Greg ate pizza naked.Rebecca: That night was sick, I ate sauce off your...Greg: Yes, and that burned!
- Meet Cute: The song parodies them, as they enact various versions of meet cutes, even while singing how they've actually been in a relationship before.
"What U Missed While U Were PopUlar" (sung by Danny Jolles)
- Affectionate Parody: Of Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl", from the chanting to the choreography.
- Clique Tour: George introduces Josh to the "unpopular" cliques like the goths and the band club.
- The Bus Came Back: For Greg, appearing for the first time in two seasons.
- Call-Back: Greg and Rebecca share a Dance of Romance as a way of making up for Greg acting like an ass at Jayma's wedding.
- Class Reunion: Josh's class (including Valencia, White Josh, Hector, Father Brah, and...Greg! And...George, from Whitefeather!) has their ten-year reunion in this episode (they graduated twelve years ago, but Hector was the senior class president and isn't great on follow-through).
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Constantly with folks mentioning "the rest of the season" and then clarify "we mean the holidays" to the "new" Greg.Hector: Yeah, Valentine's day. That's the logical end of our series...of holidays.
- The One That Got Away: Valencia and Father Brah were in love in high school, and apparently never really got over each other.
- The Other Darrin: In-Universe and how. When Greg shows up, Rebecca is the only person who seems to think there's something "different" about him while everyone else treats him as exactly the same guy.
- Plot Parallel: Both Rebecca and Valencia deal with resurfacing feelings regarding exes (Greg and Father Brah, respectively). While Valencia and Father Brah get closure, Rebecca and Greg's reunion ends on a sourer note after she confesses that she slept with his dad.
- Shipper on Deck: Valencia and Heather express that they're rooting for Rebecca to be with Greg.
- Shout-Out: "We're gonna Ocean's 8 this thing. Oh, no, wait, we're doing 2006 vibes tonight. We are gonna The Da Vinci Code this thing."