Rebecca refuses to leave the house after reading what the outside world thinks of her and becomes convinced that their house is haunted. Meanwhile, Nathaniel's father installs Bert, the firm's "silent partner", as the head of the firm, and Darryl worries about Hebecca's lack of maternal influence.
"Time To Seize The Day" (sung by Rachel Bloom)
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The entire song grinds to a halt for, it's implied, several hours, while Rebecca masturbates to gay porn.
- Affectionate Parody: Of "I Have Confidence" from The Sound of Music. This is effectively an anti-song: Rebecca is singing about how confident she isn't.
- Patter Song
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Rebecca is trying to leave her house but she keeps finding excuses not to. Justified in that her mental health issues are giving her agoraphobia.Step out the door, then back through the doorSit on the floor and stare at the floorRock yourself until you feel okayAnd carpe diem, carpe dontemTime to grab life by the scrotumBut, first, let's read some facts about stingraysAnd then it's time to seize the day
"The Cringe" (sung by Patton Oswalt, Rachel Bloom, Vella Lovell, Donna Lynne Champlin and Gabrielle Ruiz)
- Affectionate Parody: Of "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers.
- My God, What Have I Done?: A song all about how nothing haunts you like embarrassing things you've done in your past.
- Shrunken Organ: Heather's cringe is caused by how she once laughed at a boyfriend's penis while they were in bed together.Zombie: And that was the night that their relationship died!
- Agent Scully: Heather's convinced that the spookiness has a logical explanation.
- The Cameo: Kathy Najimy of Hocus Pocus video calls Rebecca and implores her to come out.
- Halloween Episode: It's Halloween, so decorations are everywhere, the diner is full of people in costumes, and Rebecca convinces herself that there's a ghost in her house and holds a seance.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: Stacy shows up as a mishmash of sexy costumes, including devil, maid, and Playboy Bunny.
- Undignified Death: Devon, the woman who Rebecca is convinced is haunting the house.Hector: This is a poo murder house?
- Unfortunate Names: Burt Buttenweiser.Nathaniel: I knew he was a weirdo.