- Going Native: The longer he stays in Sector V's treehouse, the more Kani acts like a kid/teen, to the point that Numbuh 4 is acting more like an adult than he is.
- Here We Go Again!: After Numbuhs 1, 2, and 5 rescue Numbuh 3 from her house and prevent the volcano from erupting, Numbuh 4 bursts into the scene, revealing that Kani found the treehouse's thermostat and made it so cold it's now stuck in a gigantic ice cube.
- Ironic Echo: It's one thing when Kani snaps "The thermostat is not a toy!" It's another thing when Numbuh 3 (under the influence of heat delirium and Drunk with Power) says the same thing verbatim.
- Irony: While staying with Numbuh 4, Kani is the one who starts acting like a kid, and Numbuh 4 is the one who starts nagging him like a grown-up.
- Manchild: A fully-relaxed Kani isn't all that different from a lazy teenager.
- Only Sane Man: Numbuh 4, of all people, is this to Kani.
- Playing with Fire: Numbuh 3. Her fire powers are similar to Father's.
- Tempting Fate: Numbuh 2. Twice."How hot/cold can it be?"