Now loading Recap for Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.:
In this extra-long show finale, Numbuhs 2 to 5 are temporarily recommissioned as adults to tell the story of their final mission ever - a simple mission to steal the Delightful Children's birthday cake which turns into a mammoth worldwide scavenger hunt and sees one of their numbers leaving them forever.
Tropes that appear in this episode:
- Ascended Extra: Numbuh 362's younger brother, Numbuh 363, who first appeared in Operation: Z.E.R.O., returns with a much bigger role in this finale.
- Back for the Finale: Almost all the characters in the entire series return for the scavenger hunt. In fact, the only characters that don't appear are the teenagers — most likely because they had a full-length episode entirely dedicated to them that served as the finale for Season Six.
- Berserk Button:
- Numbuh 363's is being touched, and he tends to freak out if he is.
- Father's is someone stealing his pipe, and that makes him angry enough to turn into a dragon!
- Bittersweet Ending: Numbuh One wins the scavenger hunt, and is selected by Numbuh 74.239 to join the Galactic KND. But then Numbuh 1 is informed that he might never return to Earth, which in turn means that he'll probably never see his friends and family again. That said, it's later shown that Numbuh 5 and the rest of Sector V were apparently never decomissioned, had Father (the interviewer) on a Snipe Hunt, and Numbuh 1 is implied to return in the future.
- Bookends: The series began with Sector V trying to steal the DCFDTL's birthday cake. Now the series ends with Sector V on the same mission, which is also their final mission.
- But Now I Must Go: Numbuh One being recruited into the Galactic KND and having to leave Sector V and his family behind.
- Finale Credits: A quick montage of scenes from every episodes of the series from the first season to the last with the ending song playing until it ends with a picture of Sector V watching a sunset outside the Treehouse with two single words above them "Stay young".
- Foregone Conclusion: The titular interview, as shown by the last little bits of Bittersweet Ending above, shows that a relatively happy ending would happen if the Darker and Edgier sequel, Galactic Kids Next Door, was greenlit.
- Foreshadowing: Numbuh One is the only Operative not interviewed with Sector V. The ending reveals why.
- Grand Finale
- Hypocrite: Father comes off as a huge one by angrily lashing out at Sector V for breaking into his house. He did the same thing a few hours ago!
- Ironic Echo CutAdult!Numbuh Two: "Well, suffice to say, Father was not happy finding us in his house."
(cuts back to the flashback as the members of Sectors V and W flee from Father)
Father: "I AM NOT HAPPY FINDING YOU IN MY HOUSE!"
- Jerkass: Numbuh 363 is at his bratty worst in this episode after his sister reassigns the cake mission to his team, and as he competes in the scavenger hunt not only to win the cake but seemingly also just so he can beat and humiliate Sector V.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: This episode, like the Billy and Mandy Crossover, has not resurfaced on HBO Max.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Numbuh 363 spends the whole finale cheating in the scavenger hunt and insulting Sector V. Even after Sector V narrowly manage to defeat Father to save Numbuh 363, he's still only concerned about winning the scavenger hunt. His furious teammates call him out on this and turn against him and give all their finds to Sector V.Numbuh 83: Numbuh 363, are you all right?
Numbuh 363: I won! I got the pipe!
Numbuh 83: IS THAT ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT?! Sector V just saved your life, and all you say is "I WON?!" Gimme that! (takes the pipe from Numbuh 363's hand) Here, Numbuh 1. You deserve this more than us.
Numbuh 363: NOOO...!
Numbuh 84: (shoves his yo-yo into Numbuh 363's mouth) Cork it, Harvey!
- Then followed with Laser-Guided Amnesia: Numbuh 5 claims that once she herself became the head of the KND (about three months after Numbuh 1 left to joined the GKND), the first thing she did was have Numbuh 363 decomissioned—not because he was too old, but because of his horrible behavior and tendency to scream when every somebody touched him.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Upon being given encouragement by his team for the scavenger hunt, Number One orders Five to locate the nearest item, Three and Four to prepare their weapons in case of attack and Two to get back to the steering because they're about to hit a mountain.
- Medium Blending: The adult Numbuhs 2 to 5 are live-action clips of them all being interviewed by a mysterious interviewer who turns out to be Father appearing in some rather conspicuous CGI at the end. The flashbacks are the typical cartoon style the show usually ran on.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Numbuh Three for angrily pushing Numbuh One into finishing the scavenger hunt already.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Rather than thank Numbuh 1 for saving his life, Numbuh 363 celebrates his victory about Father's pipe. This is the last straw for Numbuh 83 since he nearly got his team killed over trying to get it and had to be bailed out by Sector V (who, despite having replaced them for the cake mission, have experience in dealing with Father). She promptly calls him out over it, takes the pipe and hands it over to Sector V to complete the hunt.
- Whole Episode Flashback: Except for the interview segments, this entire episode takes place many, many years prior.